Re: 3.8. Sections

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 15:50:22 +0200, Sander Tekelenburg <st@isoc.nl> wrote:
>> That sounds confusing to me because it doesn't actually define the
>> constraints you seem to be working with such that non-sectioning
>> elements are to be ignored in usage of "parent".
>
> I can't follow. How does "parent sectioning element" leave room to think
> it might apply to a non-sectioning parent element?

Because it refers to the parent in a tree. And parent (same for ancestor)
has a well defined meaning in a tree. So for a tree like:

   <section>
       <section>

the idea that the "parent sectioning element" for the innermost <section>
refers to the outermost <section> is non-obvious.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>