Re: HEADERS, FOR whom - any ID?

leif said:
>According to WCAG 2 Jaws supports both implicit and explicit LABEL-ing, as
does Home Page Reader, while Windows-Eyes did not >support it - but could
use it to the extent that it was not without purpose. <http://tinyurl.com/yqpq6z

in JAWS 8, XP, IE7 implicit labelling appears to work unless the label is
not placed where it is expected to be (eg to left for inputs, to right for
checboxes and radio buttons).
 for example:

with no label:

left label <input type="checkbox" value="2"> right label

JAWS announces "right label"

JAWS announces "outside label"

when explicit labelling is used:

<label for="a1">inside label </label><input type="checkbox" value="2"
id="a1"> outside label

JAWS announces "inside label"

this suggests that JAWS ignores the implicit labelling and relys on its own
heauristics to decide what to announce unless the label is explicitly
associated.

--
with regards

Steve Faulkner