Re: 3.8.10. The address element

Yes, it's a HTML4 hangup... I still don't understand why though and
would like it changed. Perhaps not a very compelling argument, but I
stand by "I would like to structure address information using lists
and tables where appropriate". For example, you may have multiple
contacts (e.g. regional offices) and wish to use a table to present
that information. You can use a table, or address, but not both (not
if you care about conformance).

Here's the HTML 4.01 reference, showing address has an inline content model.
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#edef-ADDRESS