Re: XML versions

On Aug 1, 2007, at 15:10, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> in section 1.3.2 (http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#dependencies)
> there is:
>
> "Implementations that support XHTML5 must support some version of
> XML,..."
>
> I think that wording *some version* is to weak for specification.

When I suggested cementing version 1.0 (since 1.1 is pointless for a
vocabulary with 1.0-compatible element and attribute names and
harmful for interop), Hixie said that if the spec doesn't allow the
use of 1.1, people will do so ad hoc anyway.

> I think that spec should say something like
>
> "Implementations that support XHTML5 must support version 1.0 or later
> of XML,..."

To me, that means exactly the same as "some version" considering that
1.0 is the first version of XML.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi