Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5 -- procedural issue

Dailey, David P. wrote:

> Tue 4/10/2007 7:42 PM Dan Connolly wrote
>
>> We're having some discussion of this proposal before the question is
>> called. There have been some useful clarifications (e.g. pointers
>> to the current version of the spec) and some concerns have been aired.
>
> I agree.
>
> Might it be possible to have a place or time (or some coincidence of both)
> in which those of us who either don't know if WHATWG contains something,
 > or don't understand something, could ask dumb questions?

That's a reasonable request; I'm sure a lot of people are hesitant
to use the inboxes of ~300 people to get up to speed.

IRC is one of the better options at this point; it's far from perfect,
but it often gets the job done. The WG homepage has some pointers...
"Some participants supplement these with IRC discussion in the #html-wg
channel on irc.w3.org, port 6665, with public logs and an informal
directory with names and timezones."
  -- http://www.w3.org/html/wg/#who

I'm interested in having someone present HTML5, or the differences
between HTML4 and HTML5, in a teleconference. The idea got
a little support support when I brought it up in IRC, but
it also got some resistance, so I haven't pursued it very actively.