W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2013

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2013-05-23: actions, CfCs, and task force reports

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 10:39:05 -0600
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+eqbAJjgEFQcdjXC+mPv=GFPgEqw8Jb0_0Xy6MywE-b1Q@mail.gmail.com>
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Minutes are published at

http://www.w3.org/2013/05/23-html-wg-minutes.html

Text version below:

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

23 May 2013

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013AprJun/0018.html

Attendees

   Present
          Bin_Hu, janina, glenn, paulc, [Microsoft], Sam, Eliot,
          krisk, Daniel, jaymunro, +1.818.406.aaaa, CyrilRa,
          adrianba, hober, tantek

   Regrets
   Chair
          paulc

   Scribe
          glenn

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Action Items Due this Week
         2. [5]New Issues this Week
         3. [6]Items Closing this Week
         4. [7]New Calls this Week
         5. [8]Task Force Reports
         6. [9]AOB
         7. [10]Scribe for Next Meeting
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________


   trackbot, start meeting

   <trackbot> Date: 23 May 2013

   <rubys> trackbot, start meeting

   <trackbot> Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference

   <trackbot> Date: 23 May 2013

   <rubys> Agenda:
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce
   /2013AprJun/0018.html

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013AprJun/0018.html

   <scribe> scribenick: glenn

   <paulc_>
   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce
   /2013AprJun/0018.html

     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013AprJun/0018.html

Action Items Due this Week

   ACTION-226?

   <trackbot> ACTION-226 -- Kris Krueger to make sure that the
   organizational structure of github test suite is well
   documented -- due 2013-05-13 -- CLOSED

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/226

     [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/226

   kris: updated this morning
   ... discussed at previous F2F
   ... posted to wiki

   paulc: has been closed

New Issues this Week

   paulc: none

Items Closing this Week

   <krisk> I updated the wiki at
   [22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing that covers Action
   Item 226

     [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing

   Pre-Last Call period for Media Source Extensions (MSE) closed
   on Wed May 22

   [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013M
   ay/0001.html

     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0001.html

   paulc: will create now LC draft

   glenn: notes new bugs coming from OIPF

   paulc: has made those folks aware of pre-LC timing
   ... they decided to file bugs

   <paulc_> MSE bugs: [24]http://tinyurl.com/6pdnzej

     [24] http://tinyurl.com/6pdnzej

   paulc: see link above
   ... 23 bugs, most filed recently, some technical
   ... pre-LC has had a good effect
   ... Media TF will take up

   CfC: stop work on "HTML: The Markup Language" and "HTML5:
   Edition for Web Authors" closed on Thu May 23

   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013M
   ay/0069.html

     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0069.html

   paulc: this closes tonight midnite Eastern, no objection so far
   ... if passes, then candidate docs ready for pubs as WG Notes
   ... links went out earlier this week
   ... here:

   <paulc_> See ready to go WG Notes:
   [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013M
   ay/0087.html

     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0087.html

New Calls this Week

   CfC: Publish three heartbeat drafts as WDs closes Tue May 28

   [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013M
   ay/0085.html

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0085.html

   paulc: chairs have been working on this, and thanks to editors
   for breaking through tech issues
   ... closes on Tuesday next week
   ... if passes will publish on TR page next week

   CfC: Publish main element extension specification as WG Note
   closes Tue May 28

   [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013M
   ay/0086.html

     [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0086.html

   paulc: has been folded into 5.1 and 5.0, will take doc on TR
   page and turn into WG Note
   ... will indicate no longer active developed doc
   ... will use this for future similar cases

   CfC: remove Microdata from HTML 5.0

   paulc: in agenda, shows link

   CfC: remove Microdata from HTML 5.0, incorporate Microdata into
   5.1, publish Microdata doc as a W3C note

   [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013M
   ay/0000.html

     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0000.html

   paulc: above is original link
   ... tantek expressed some concerns
   ... Charles wants work to proceed
   ... discussion is ongoing

   <paulc_> See discussion thread at
   [30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/009
   9.html

     [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/0099.html

   Tantek's response against continuing work on Microdata

   [31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/013
   9.html

     [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/0139.html

   Charles' response for continuing work on Microdata

   [32]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/009
   9.html

     [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/0099.html

   Status: Chairs currently recommend that we let this dialogue
   continue.

   paulc: any comments?

   tantek: if there are supporters, then they need to do the
   work...
   ... i.e., implementation support work

   paulc: notes that just restates what was in email
   ... needs to let dialog continue for a while

Task Force Reports

   Accessibility Task Force

   janina: continue to meet
   ... coordinating activities ... edits to ALT attribute section
   of spec
   ... in ARIA mappings document, could wait for ALT attribute
   work
   ... some folks are away this week
   ... biggest item: coordination of spec testing related to a11y
   features

   <tantek> Note: paulc_ my comment was genuine. I have no
   objection to continuing discussions and my vote of confidence
   in the chairs to guide it is also genuine. I'll speak up again
   if I have new information to provide in the topic. Thanks.

   janina: paulc will help with this

   paulc: notes CfC in TF on longdesc

   janina: published in Feb, bugs processed, some handled, some
   changes performed
   ... preparing for LC on doc, but wants to do new WD
   (stablization draft)
   ... i.e., a pre-LC
   ... then TF facilitators will request spec work from HTML Eds
   once process completed
   ... expect request within a week

   Testing Task Force

   <krisk> We met on 5/21 as planned

   <krisk> Here is the IRC logs
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2013/05/21-htmlt-irc

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2013/05/21-htmlt-irc

   s/krisk/krisk/

   krisk: encourages attendance at upcoming TTWF in Tokyo

   Media Task Force

   <krisk> Agenda
   [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2
   013May/0002.html

     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2013May/0002.html

   paulc: met on tuesday

   <paulc_> TF minutes:
   [35]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2013M
   ay/0113.html

     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2013May/0113.html

   paulc: spent last meeting on EME bugs, some long outstanding

   <krisk> Meeting just made sure we didn't have violent
   disagreement about GitHub organization 'master' and 'cr'
   branches in the 'web platform tests'

   paulc: issued 9-10 new AIs to resolve
   ... will meet again (on EME) in 2 weeks
   ... MSE will meet this upcoming Tuesday

   <paulc_> MSE bugs: [36]http://tinyurl.com/6pdnzej

     [36] http://tinyurl.com/6pdnzej

   paulc: pre-LC has ended, with ~20 bugs filed
   ... MSE folks will focus on these new bugs, then prepare WD for
   LC
   ... AOB

AOB

   TextTrack API changes

   [37]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013Apr/002
   7.html

     [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013Apr/0027.html

   Status: What are the next steps on this matter?

   hold, calling in again

   <tantek> While Glenn is calling in, let me clarify re: md as a
   separate doc:

   <tantek> No objections to Yandex editing md as a wd/cr and
   continuing work on it.

   glenn: dialog needs to continue

   paulc: requests glenn to revive thread, summarizing agreements
   and open issues

   <scribe> ACTION: glenn to revive thread on text track cue open
   bugs [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2013/05/23-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-228 - Revive thread on text track cue
   open bugs [on Glenn Adams - due 2013-05-30].

   Overview of testing in view of CR exit

   [39]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/005
   9.html

     [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/0059.html

   Status: The Chairs plan to bring this to the WG for a CfC on
   subsets of the recommendations.

   paulc: will bring this to WG as series of CfCs
   ... no active plan yet, beginning dialog among chairs

   <tantek> Will also note that Yandex also supports indexing
   microformats in addition to md:
   [40]http://microformats.org/wiki/yandex-search without a need
   for microformats to be in a monolithic HTML5.x spec, thus there
   shouldn't be any problems with them similarly supporting md.
   Thanks, that was the only new information I thought of.

     [40] http://microformats.org/wiki/yandex-search

   paulc: need consensus from WG on how to apply DAR's material
   ... i.e., DAR's record from recent F2F
   ... need to start putting these decisions in front of WG,
   should have something in the next 2 weeks

Scribe for Next Meeting

   paulc: paulc will chair next week

   <krisk> I can help

   paulc: any volunteers for scribing

   <krisk> scribe

   krisk volunteers

   paulc: thanks krisk for volunteering

   trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: glenn to revive thread on text track cue open
   bugs [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2013/05/23-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [42]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([43]CVS log)
    $Date: 2013-05-23 16:32:57 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [43] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11
Check for newer version at [44]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [44] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/krit/kris/
Succeeded: s/expressed/tantek expressed/
FAILED: s/krit/krisk/
Succeeded: s/krit/krisk/g
Found ScribeNick: glenn
Inferring Scribes: glenn
Default Present: Bin_Hu, janina, glenn, paulc, [Microsoft], Sam, Eliot,
krisk, Daniel, jaymunro, +1.818.406.aaaa, CyrilRa, adrianba, hober, tant
ek
Present: Bin_Hu janina glenn paulc [Microsoft] Sam Eliot krisk Daniel ja
ymunro +1.818.406.aaaa CyrilRa adrianba hober tantek
Agenda: [45]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/
2013AprJun/0018.html
Found Date: 23 May 2013
Guessing minutes URL: [46]http://www.w3.org/2013/05/23-html-wg-minutes.h
tml
People with action items: glenn

     [45] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013AprJun/0018.html
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2013/05/23-html-wg-minutes.html

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain
a link to the original IRC log.)



   End of [47]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [47] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm




On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>wrote:

> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2013-05-23 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.
>
> http://timeanddate.com/s/2d9x
>
> Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, New Jersey/York
> 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.
>
> Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
> Scribe: TBD
>
> (See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)
>
> == Agenda ==
>
> 1. ACTION items due by Thursday, May 23
>
> a) ACTION-226: Make sure that the organizational structure of github test
> suite is well documented [Kris Krueger]
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/226
>
> 2. New Issues This Week:
> None
>
> 3. Items Closing This Week
>
> a) Pre-Last Call period for Media Source Extensions (MSE) closed on Wed
> May 22
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0001.html
>
> b) CfC: stop work on "HTML: The Markup Language" and "HTML5: Edition for
> Web Authors" closed on Thu May 23
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0069.html
>
> 4. New Calls this Week
>
> a) CfC: Publish three heartbeat drafts as WDs closes Tue May 28
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0085.html
>
> b) CfC: Publish main element extension specification as WG Note closes Tue
> May 28
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0086.html
>
> 5. CfC: remove Microdata from HTML 5.0
>
> a) CfC: remove Microdata from HTML 5.0, incorporate Microdata into 5.1,
> publish Microdata doc as a W3C note
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0000.html
>
> b) Tantek's response against continuing work on Microdata
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/0139.html
>
> c) Charles' response for continuing work on Microdata
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/0099.html
> Status: Chairs currently recommend that we let this dialogue continue.
>
> 6. Task Force Reports
>
> a) Accessibility Task Force
>
> b) Testing Task Force
>
> c) Media Task Force
>
> 7. Other Business
>
> a) TextTrack API changes
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013Apr/0027.html
> Status: What are the next steps on this matter?
>
> b) Overview of testing in view of CR exit
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/0059.html
> Status: The Chairs plan to bring this to the WG for a CfC on subsets of
> the recommendations.
>
> 8. Scribe for next meeting
>
> 9. Adjournment
>
>
Received on Thursday, 23 May 2013 16:40:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:50:10 UTC