RE: Conclusion to effects of readonly on trigger

John,
Here's my opinions on this summary:

I think the key thing we came up with was that, unlike the recent notice
that disabled form controls don't receive events, we are *not* going to
say that about trigger bound to readonly node. That appears to be point
1.  We also decided that readonly has no effect on trigger's behavior in
other unspecified ways, so that's point 2a.

As for point 2b, Im not sure a "countenance".  If it means style, and
the host language supports some styling mechanism such as CSS, an author
(or user agent default) can certainly style it however desired.  Our
informative CSS3 style sheet does show anything for xf|trigger:readonly
but I don't see how we can proscribe it.  (I think Mark Birbeck made the
argument that we should avoid saying anything about presentation here,
but maybe I'm confused.)

I'd be happier to see these two responses split up:
- Put (1) and (2a) in the spec document as an inforamative note.
- The body of (2) remains where it is (the minutes, this discussion) but
not in the spec document.
- Change 2b to an email response and say we aren't putting anything in
our informative CSS style sheet section for xf|trigger:readonly.

I suspect that some implementations might use XBL or some other
customization mechanism to take advantage of the readonly MIP or the
:disabled CSS pseudo-property to affect behavior, and again, while we
might think it's unclean to do so, we can't really prohibit it; at the
same time, we have recognized the request already for extensible MIPs
for use in styling and XBL binding, so I don't think we need to act
further on this for XForms 1.1.  In other words, those who have XBL or
their own extension mechanism are allowed to warp trigger:disabled
behavior and style, but should know that it's not the path going
forward, and they probably want to pay attention XForms futures for
extensible MIPs.

How does this all sound?
Leigh.