Re: Conclusion to effects of readonly on trigger

Hi John,

I think that captures it. :)

The other thing that came up, which I for one hadn't thought of
before, was a need to clarify the behaviour of xf:triggers when they
appear inside a non-relevant group, or are themselves non-relevant. We
know that non-relevant controls should not _receive_ events, but
should we say that they don't initiate them either? In other words,
clicking a xf:trigger should have no effect?

To clarify the situation I'm thinking of, we've said (at least in
XForms 1.1) that non-relevant controls act as if they aren't there in
the UI, and therefore don't receive events. But it is possible that
some processor might choose to render the controls--perhaps in a
greyed out style--but still not give them any events. That processor
would still have implemented the specification correctly. This
therefore opens up the possibility that a user could click on a
'disabled' trigger, which in turn means that we need to be explicit
about the fact that the control should not generate any events.

Regards,

Mark

--
  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer