Re: CSS Selectors -- clarification requested

On Sat, 29 May 2004, Justin Wood wrote:

> I'm not sure, but clarifying the pass/fail a bit more can't hurt:
>
>     "If your UA uses a pointing device, the cursor must be [......]
>     otherwise this test fails."

IMHO,

   "X must be Y otherwise the test has failed"

...and:

   "X should Y"

...mean the same thing except the latter is much easier to understand.

I really don't see the advantage of changing this. Almost every test says
"should". If someone doesn't understand that "This line should be green."
means that if it isn't green the test has failed, then someone should
explain that to them, because they're going to have trouble ever finding
a failure.

http://ln.index.ch/       U+263A                /,   _.. \   _\  ;`._ ,.