Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries-5] duplication of `forced-colors: active` and `prefers-contrast: forced` (#5433)

From: Morgan Rae Reschenberg via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 18:33:30 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Some additional context from Mozilla: we implement`forced-colors` and `prefers-contrast` too, though they're behind prefs :)

The "forced" parts of our implementations respond to both Windows HCM and Firefox HCM (about:preferences > colors, the dialog allows users to pick customized colors for text, background, visited/unvisited links). We've been doing some work with folks at Google to make sure G-suite sites render appropriately in Firefox when HCM (windows, ours) is enabled. Google is using these preferences to make adjustments (mostly prefers-contrast: forced, if I remember correctly), but our users won't benefit from them until we can unpref. I don't know that I have enough context to take a stance one way or another, but just wanted to give some more usage context :)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MReschenberg
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5433#issuecomment-712364211 using your GitHub account