Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries-5] duplication of `forced-colors: active` and `prefers-contrast: forced` (#5433)

From: James Craig via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 21:34:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@MReschenberg wrote:

> The "forced" parts of our implementations respond to both Windows HCM and Firefox HCM (about:preferences > colors, the dialog allows users to pick customized colors for text, background, visited/unvisited links).

To clarify, are you saying the Firefox HCM mode on non-Windows platforms (Mac, Linux) will also match the media features? Good to know. Thanks.

> our users won't benefit from them until we can unpref.

By "unpref" do you mean change Firefox to match the Windows system setting? I thought that was already implemented based on your comment that "The 'forced' parts of our implementations respond to both Windows HCM…"

--
GitHub Notification of comment by cookiecrook
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5433#issuecomment-712455415 using your GitHub account