[csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Specify what generic font family maps to nastaliq (#4397)

From: Henri Sivonen via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2019 14:00:54 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
hsivonen has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-fonts] Specify what generic font family maps to nastaliq ==
The section Generic font families does not say how to generically request a nastaliq font for the Arabic script. Anecdotally, the distinction of having a specifically nastaliq font is important enough in the Urdu context that Microsoft and Google bundle a nastaliq font with their operating systems for Urdu.

It seems to me that it would be good to explicitly specify which generic keyword means nastaliq, either by specifying that the `cursive` family means nastaliq for the Arabic script or by minting a new keyword for as was done for `fangsong`. (I don't know which option is more appropriate, but I'm guessing that using the existing `cursive` keyword should be sufficient.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4397 using your GitHub account