Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Specify what generic font family maps to nastaliq (#4397)

From: jfkthame via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 08:37:44 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
ISTM that adding `nastaliq` as a generic font-family would not be much different from adding further names associated with particular styles of Latin typeface, which authors could reasonably want to use in order to get a certain "look" without knowing the exact names of available fonts. Are we prepared for `font-family: humanist` or `antiqua` or `egyptian` or `fraktur`? And there are probably equivalent (but quite separate) type design traditions in other scripts that would have an equal claim for recognition in CSS. I don't think we should start down this path.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jfkthame
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4397#issuecomment-543069887 using your GitHub account