Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Specify what generic font family maps to nastaliq (#4397)

From: Shervin Afshar via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 21:46:52 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Although I understand the need for handling Urdu, but I think putting the burden of that challenge on this property is stretching the definition of the property and making it needlessly over-specific; Is Nastaliq a "generic font family" of Arabic script fonts? Possibly, but so are Kufi and Naskh with more immediate and widespread use-cases.

Ultimately, it's up to CSS spec editors to decide whether they are comfortable with this expansion of scope for "generic font family".

In case this is planned to be added, I prefer it to clearly be named as `arabic-nastaliq`; future-proofing for `arabic-naskh` and `arabic-kufi`.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by shervinafshar
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4397#issuecomment-542905240 using your GitHub account