Re: WoN Re: Public consultation on EU digital principles

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 1:47 PM Ward, David <dward@pcgus.com> wrote:

> Is there a method to discover "public" VCs about a subject?  Being able to
> publish such a VC would only be useful if others can find it (I'm assuming
> the comment would be a VC).

Not in any general way, but there can be method specific ones.

In did:btcr 0.1 you can retrieve an optional “extended” did object data (as
you can only fit 80 chars in a Bitcoin transaction), which is merged with
the blockchain derived data to make the final did object.

By convention, you can append self-signed verifiable credentials to the
extended did object if you are using JSON-LD. Alternatively, you can add to
the extended data object a link to an array of self-signed claims.

— Christopher Allen [via iPhone]