Re: WoN Re: Public consultation on EU digital principles

> On 12. Aug 2021, at 22:44, Ward, David <dward@pcgus.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 2021-08-12 at 16:08 -0400, Bob Wyman wrote:
>> In general, I think there should be a well-known mechanism for commenting on claims that are made or implied by some other issuers' VCs. A "blacklist" is one way to do so. Mechanisms with greater expressive richness would be appreciated as well.
>>
>> How can or should I comment on a VC issued by someone else? What mechanisms are provided to do so?
>
> Is there a method to discover "public" VCs about a subject?  Being able to publish such a VC would only be useful if others can find it (I'm assuming the comment would be a VC).
>
> Such a discovery mechanism would also help with trust chains.

One way I was thinking of this in a Web of Nations setup, is that your National Trust anchor, could
have a :police link to some (SPARQL?) queryable database, or stream, that could be checked for news
on various sites. (of course these DBs could be signed and downloaded anonymously too, to be queried offline).
That could also work for credentials.

Anyway when reaching a web site, your browser could query such a DB/stream to find out if anything problematic
had been filed with that site - perhaps a warning when making commercial transactions with it, or if using an
App, warnings about information leakage from that app.

Such information could appear in a secondary screen, something like the apple touch bar, controlled by the OS.
https://medium.com/cybersoton/phishing-in-context-9c84ca451314

It seems like such a system could work, and it seems like it would act somewhat like a blacklist, but
with a lot richer structure than a blacklist. Just a thought.

Henry