Re: WoN Re: Public consultation on EU digital principles

Given that there appears to be no general method to discover VC's
concerning a subject, or VC's which refer to other VC's, I wonder if it
would be reasonable to use the W3C Annotation Protocol
<https://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-protocol/> as a means to provide
discoverable VC's?

Is there any reason that annotations do not provide a reasonable mechanism
for satisfying these needs in a general way? If so, how do annotations fall
short? What needed capabilities would not be provided by an
annotation-based system? (Note: I recognize that discoverability would be
limited by the inevitable scope limitations of individual annotation
servers or federations of servers.)

bob wyman