Re: The change from claims to credentials.

Ted,
You wrote:

> “Verifiable Credentials ... provide an assurance that a specific Issuer
> emanated some Assertion(s)" But, “Verifiable Claims suggested ... some
> assurance, ... of the *veracity* of the assertions made"

So, is the issue here merely the way that one might misinterpret the word
"Verifiable?" (i.e. It isn't about either the word "claims" or
"credentials.")

If "verifiable," in this context, means to provide a method for
discovering provenance, or an ability to follow a path to the origin of a
claim/credential, would the objections have still arisen if these things
had originally been called "Traceable Claims?" What intended semantic
content is provided by "verificable" that is not be provided by "traceable?"

bob wyman