Re: Digital Press Passes and Decentralized Public Key Infrastructures

From: Moses Ma <moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 13:35:51 -0700
To: Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>, "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>
Cc: Bob Wyman <bob@wyman.us>, George Artem <georgeartem@gmail.com>
On 8/8/21 4:16 PM, Adam Sobieski wrote:
> Moses said: “The point of this little exercise is that there may never
> be a universal arbiter of truth, but we can slowly build a web of
> trust for evidence based credibility indicators. And this group of
> ours should focus more on building trustable envelopes than trying to
> insure the veracity of contents of those envelopes. That is a key
> distinction for our statement of purpose.”
>
> Trustable envelopes make sense to focus on as does mitigating emerging
> forms of misinformation and disinformation involving synthetic media.

Do any of you remember IBM's /Cryptolope/ project? The memory of that
DRM system evoked my comment about the difference between the envelope
and the contents.

A fellow named Jeff Crigler developed it, and I wonder if he's involved
in CCG in any way?

--

*Moses Ma | Managing Partner*

moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com | moses@futurelab.ventures |
moses@ngenven.com

v+1.415.568.1068 | skype mosesma | /linktr.ee/moses.tao/
<http://linktr.ee/moses.tao>

FutureLab provides strategy, ideation and technology for breakthrough
innovation and third generation blockchains.

Learn more at /www.futurelabconsulting.com/
<http://futurelabconsulting.com>. For calendar invites, please cc:
mosesma@gmail.com

Or whet your appetite by reading /Agile Innovation/
<http://www.amazon.com/Agile-Innovation-Revolutionary-Accelerate-Engagement/dp/B00SSRSZ9A>
<https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Design-Sprint-Application-Disruptive/dp/1799143864>
| my blog at /psychologytoday.com/
<http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-tao-innovation>.

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: THIS E-MAIL IS MEANT FOR ONLY THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT OF THE TRANSMISSION. IF YOU RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL IN ERROR, ANY
REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS E-MAIL IS
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY OF THE ERROR
BY RETURN E-MAIL AND PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM. THIS
EMAIL SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED BINDING; HARD COPY DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED
TO CREATE LEGALLY BINDING COMMITMENTS. FOR CALENDAR INVITES, PLEASE CC:
MOSESMA@GMAIL.COM