Re: Text that is difficult to understand. Needs to be simplified and may be have an illustrative example.

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:54 AM,  <sylvie.duchateau@accessiweb.org> wrote:

> Name: Sylvie Duchateau
> Email: sylvie.duchateau@accessiweb.org
> Affiliation: Association BrailleNet
> Document: TD
> Item Number: (none selected)
> Part of Item: Applicability
> Comment Type: editorial
> Summary of Issue: Text that is difficult to understand. Needs to be simplified and may be have an illustrative example.
> Location : introduction of Techniques for WCAG 2.0 and Understanding WCAG 2.0, Heading h3 "sufficient techniques".
> paragraph added on July 2010 draft.
>
> "[Begin add] In some cases it's only when a combination
> of techniques are used that it is considered sufficient. In these cases, the sufficient combination of techniques are listed together on one numbered line
>
> in the “How to Meet WCAG 2.0” and “Understanding WCAG 2.0” documents. Each numbered line is sufficient to meet the Success Criteria it addresses, but the
>
> individual techniques on that line are not sufficient by themselves unless they are on a numbered line by themselves.[end add]
>

> Proposed Change:
> Simplify this paragraph that does not sound clear at all.
> What does this "numbered line" wording mean?
> May be giving an example to illustrate what is meant would be helpful.

Thank you for alerting us to this improvement in Firefox, and for
identifying the places that needed updating. We have determined that
this fix occurred in Firefox 3.0, so instead of removing Firefox from
the User Agent Notes, we have corrected them to versions of Firefox
before Firefox 3.0.

In general, we have not added the notes about Safari to the
descriptions of the techniques. Safari's restrictions are included in
the User Agent Notes, and including the Safari restrictions in the
descriptions makes the techniques more difficult to understand.