Re: HTML Headings technique: duplicated

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Sailesh Panchang <spanchang02@yahoo.com>wrote:

> H42: Using h1-h6 to identify headings
> relates to  SC 1.3.1
> H69: Providing heading elements at the beginning of each section of content
> relates to  SC 2.4.1
>
> Comment: Both descriptions are essentially the same. I suggest they be
> merged into a single technique and reference  both  SC
> Thanks,
> Sailesh Panchang

H42 should describe the use of heading mark-up to label headings
semantically, but also contained a good deal of discussion about how to use
headings. We have moved the discussion and examples of ways to use headings
to organize content from H42 to H69. See
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-TECHS/H42.html and
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-TECHS/H69.html .

Could you let us know by Monday, December 8 whether you are satisfied with
our resolution? If that date is not possible, please reply to this message
indicating when you will be able to respond.

If we do not hear from you by Monday, December 8, we will assume that you
are satisfied with the responses to your comments.

Thanks again for the interest that you have taken in these guidelines.