[web-annotation] "Open" or "Web" Annotation

From: Rob Sanderson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 20:55:15 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
azaroth42 has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation:

== "Open" or "Web" Annotation ==

There's a mix of the two in the specification documents and we should
be consistent.

Pro "Open":
  * There's already brand name recognition
  * There's already implementations and usage of the ontology, which
we have updated rather than re-designed.
  * The namespace is ns/oa# and it would be good not to change it
[c.f. danbri and foaf]

Pro "Web":
  * The WG is the Web AWG, not the Open AWG.
  * The protocol and client APIs are not derived from the CG work

See https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/46