Re: [web-annotation] "Open" or "Web" Annotation

From: Doug Schepers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 21:36:35 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
I prefer "Web".

The Open Annotation Data Model has been out for a while, and we aren't
 yet done with the Web Annotation Data Model spec.

There may be even more changes between the existing Open Annotation
Data Model and the ongoing Web Annotation Data Model, and I think
there is value in drawing the distinction between the 2 as different
implementation targets. This gives us more latitude to change the data
 model without disrupting existing implementations.

Plus, I agree with Randall's opinion around the overloading of "Open".

--
GitHub Notif of comment by shepazu
See