Re: [web-annotation] "Open" or "Web" Annotation

From: Rob Sanderson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 20:26:12 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org

It has certainly been floated, normally by schema.org proponents, that
 namespaces are confusing, despite them being used practically
everywhere, in all aspects of computer and information science. Having
 libraries/modules/packages/gems/whatever to distinguish the
components included from other components with the same name in other
l/m/p/g/w seems something we have all accepted as fundamental long,
long ago.

That said, if schema.org is willing to include all of our properties
that we need, I'm totally fine with that. I suspect that's not going
to be the case, but @danbri or others more involved with that work
would be better placed to comment.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by azaroth42