Re: [web-annotation] Dropping type from ... what?

<notifications@github.com> wrote:

> I say -1 to drop to SpecificResource - unless we are going for
always having it as the object of hasBody / hasTarget (e.g.
SpecificResource or equivalent specified as their rdfs:range).

You should look at:

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-annotation/2015Aug/0209.html

this is the direction we may be going…

Ivan

> Why? Because SpecificResource is a placeholder - and so this should
be prominently marked beyond just a oa:hasSource.

> Where's the issue suggesting this change to hasBody and hasTarget?
It would be incompatible with earlier OA model - which should be part
of the consideration.

> How would oa:Choice etc. be used? Subclassing (whatever replaces)
SpecificResource?

> —

----
Ivan Herman, W3C