Roles Proposals

From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 15:26:41 -0700
To: Web Annotation <public-annotation@w3.org>
Dear all,

Following from the discussions of the past couple of months, we have
arrived at a concrete proposal for allowing roles / motivations to be
associated with bodies.

The proposal is documented here:
    http://w3c.github.io/web-annotation/model/wd/roles.html

It has two major sections:

* Section 3.1 documents the changes that we believe there is consensus
around at this stage.

We will issue a more formal Call for Consensus regarding this section
momentarily. Please respond in the thread-to-come regarding this entire
section.
The CFC will be open until Tuesday September 1st.

* Section 3.2 documents additional changes that have arisen.

Please respond in this thread with reactions to _each_ of the subsections,
3.2.1 through 3.2.5.  As a guideline, if you support the idea just give a
+1.  If you don't, please explain why. This isn't a call for consensus,
just a straw poll to see which areas need further discussion.

Straw Poll for Support:

* 3.2.1 Require the use of SpecificResource for Bodies

* 3.2.2 Require the use of SpecificResource for Targets

* 3.2.3 Allow hasRole on new EmbeddedTextualBody class

* 3.2.4 Rename hasSource to hasContent

* 3.2.5 Remove motivatedBy completely, rename Motivation to Role

Many thanks!

Rob

--
Rob Sanderson