From: Umit Yalcinalp [mailto:umit.yalcinalp@oracle.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 3:45 PM
To: Glen Daniels
Cc: Allen Brookes; www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject: Re: Minutes: 29 July 2004 telcon

Glen Daniels wrote:

Hi Umit:

11. Other new issues

- Glen's property comments [.1, .2]

- Glen's composition model comment [.3] - Don't reopen!

- Help with unique GED language [.4]

- Issue 211 resolution clarification [.5]

- pls review text added for what "required" means [.6]  [.1]

 <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0319.html>
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0319.html>

[.2]

 <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0320.html>
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0320.html>

[.3]

 <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0323.html>
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0323.html>

[.4]

 <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0328.html>
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0328.html>

[.5]

 <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0331.html>
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0331.html>

[.6]

 <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0333.html>
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0333.html>

	Glen: Required flag on properties makes no sense

	... must be understood by the runtime anyway.

	Umit: required means that the property needs to be

given a value not

that it be understood

	... don't remove now

	Jonathan: we can discuss this next week

	ACTION: editors incorporate "some new text" into

section 2.8.1 of part

1

This is not what we have agreed to. We have agreed not to do

right now going to last call, and we will deal with this as a

LC issue. I don't think my telephone connection was that bad. ;-)

You're thinking of the wrong issue, Umit.  The text we agreed to was

from my mail at [.2] above, NOT the removal of the required flag on

property, which is what you were concerned about.

--Glen

Well, the way the minutes minutes read is a bit misleading that is why i
wanted the clarification of the minutes. It will be hard to remember what
happened 2 months from now as there are several issues listed in this
section.

Thanks for the clarification,

--umit

--