W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > July 2004

[draft] Agenda, 15 July 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 13:01:43 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA204306485@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

[We'll go for 2 hours again.  Please make your viewpoint or friendly
amendment known via email and be prepared for up/down decisions on the
proposals.  Issues that cannot be resolved by this week will be closed
with an indication where consensus was not reached.]

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] @@@
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Adi Sakala, Umit Yalcinalp, Igor Sedukhin, Dale Moberg, 
      Hugo Haas, David Orchard, Jerry Thrasher, Allen Brookes

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - July 8 [.1] 

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0109.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?ED       2004-05-19: Editors to include in the primer an example 
                      that uses MTOM.  (Issue 72) 
?ED       2004-05-20: Editors to incorporate Hugo's full potato 
                      proposal.  (Issue 54)
?ED       2004-05-20: David Orchard to update HTTP binding to 
                      include discussion of how to generate an 
                      accepts header from schema annotations 
                      conformant to the media types extension 
                      document, and to use outputSerialization 
                      based on that information.  
?ED       2004-05-21: Editors to add ednotes to the spec to 
                      indicate areas that had contention.  (Issue 
                      190)
?ED       2004-05-27: Editors to add http:faultSerialization 
                      attribute.
?ED       2004-06-10: Editors should correct issue 208, come 
                      back to WG if there are any questions.
?ED       2004-06-10: Editors should correct issue 213, come 
                      back to WG if there are any questions.
?ED       2004-06-10: Editors should correct issue 215, come 
                      back to WG if there are any questions.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editors to incorporate David Booth's clarification
                      in section 8.3 about what required means on MTOM
                      feature.
?ED       2004-06-24: Editors to incorporate Jonathan's resolution 
                      to issue 160. 
?ED       2004-06-24: Editors to fix media-type reg frag id link, 
                      per 209.
?ED       2004-07-01: Editors to add cross-references for component
                      properties, per DBooth's example.
?ED       2004-07-08: Editors to deal with issue 227, come back to 
                      the WG with issues if any.
?ED       2004-07-08: Editors to deal with issue 235, come back to 
                      the WG with issues if any.
?ED       2004-07-08: Editors to deal with issue 231, come back to 
                      the WG with issues if any.
?ED       2004-07-08: Editors to deal with issue 232, come back to 
                      the WG with issues if any.
?ED       2004-07-08: Editors to deal with issue 234, come back to 
                      the WG with issues if any.
?ED       2004-07-08: Editors to deal with issue 226, come back to 
                      the WG with issues if any.
?ED       2004-07-08: Editors to implement resolution to 177 as 
                      amended.
?ED       2004-07-08: Editors to add f&p to Interface Fault, Binding 
                      Fault, and Fault References. (Issue 228)
?         2004-07-08: Glen to verifiy composition model.
?ED       2004-07-08: Editors to add the optional AD feature to 
                      Part 2 (Issue 112).
DONE [.2] 2004-07-08: Hugo to send email about AD feature setting 
                      HTTP header it shouldn't set.
?ED       2004-07-08: Part 2 editors to adopt MarkN's resolution for 
                      issue 230 (use {message label}).
?ED       2004-07-08: Editors to deal with issue 220, come back to 
                      the WG with issues if any.
?ED       2004-07-08: Editors to adopt Amy's proposal for Issue 233.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0131.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. - August 2-4 (London)
       Logistics [.1], registration [.2].
     - September 14-16 (Toronto) [.3]
     - November (West Coast) 8-10 webMethods Sunnyvale, CA.
       Results of poll on moving to 9-11 [.4]
  b. XMLP WG response to our comments [.5, .6]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-08-f2f.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Mar/0064.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004May/0000.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Jul/0008.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0036.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0006.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Media type description
  - 1st Working Draft Published [.1]
 b. MTOM/XOP
  - Last Call Published [.2]
 c. QA & Testing
  - Suggested QA plan [.3]
  - More details from Arthur [.4]
  - Interop bake-off
 d. Schema versioning
  - Waiting to hear back from Schema on my draft "charter."
  - Henry's validate-twice write-up [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xml-media-types-20040608/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0052.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/att-0029/QA_Oper
ational_Checklist.htm
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0037.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0019.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Issues list [.1].
  - Issue 239: Part 1 Editorial Issues (Asir) [.2]
  - Issue 240: input serialization flexibility (DaveO) [.3]
  - Issue 241: AD Feature: HTTP header conflicts (Hugo) [.4]
  - Issue 242: Binding accepts header and output serialization (Hugo)
[.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0110.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0073.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0131.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0005.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Editorial issues:
  - Closure of editorial issues:
    208 Misc. editorial comments 
    213 Refine component model property constraints 
    215 Clarify rule obviation
    220 Document interface extension semantics
    226 Cross-binding HTTP features
    227 Description of Binding Operation component
    231 Clarify "patterns" 
    232 Differentiate our MEPs from underlying protocol MEPs [.1]
    234 Ruleset terminology
    235 Definition of Fault 

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0030.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue 168: Which operation [.1]
  - DBooth revived the thread at [.2]
  - Analysis at [.3]
  - Umit's proposal [.4]
  - Paul's related question about faulst [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x168
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0112.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0300.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0037.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0043.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  webMethod issues:
  - Issue 229: useOperationWebMethod proposal [.1]
  - DaveO's proposal [.2]
  - Issue 169: Syntax for webMethod - property or attribute? [.3]
  - Proposal [.4]
  - Atom WSDL binding example [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x229
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0288.html
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x169
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0060.html
[.5] http://www.pacificspirit.com/blog/2004/07/05/atom_03_wsdl_20

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 189: Binding message content to URI [.1]
  - Issue details from DaveO [.2]
    - Omitting content
    - Attributes
    - QNames
  - ATOM WSDL example [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x189
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0061.html
[.3] http://www.pacificspirit.com/blog/2004/07/05/atom_03_wsdl_20

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 130: Need async request/response HTTP binding [.1]
  - WG in favor of adding such a MEP, with some expressing a desire
    that this be as lightweight as possible.
  - Revived proposal from DaveO [.2]
  - Sanjiva's alternative [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x130
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0287.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0040.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 211: Omit interface message in binding? [.1]
  - Mark's proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x211
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0047.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 236: MTOM/XOP support [.1]
  - Details (Umit) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x236
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0038.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue 237: Editorial issues with Part 3 [.1]
  - Details (Hugo) [.2]
  
[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x237
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0011.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue 238: Consistent placement of <feature> and <property> [.1]
  - Details (Sanjiva) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x238
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0267.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue 239: Part 1 Editorial Issues [.1]
  - Details (Asir) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x239
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0110.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue 240: input serialization flexibility [.1]
  - Details (DaveO) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x239
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0073.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
18. Issue 241: AD Feature: HTTP header conflicts [.1]
  - Details (Hugo) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x240
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0131.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
19. Next steps
  - Closing issues list on Parts 1, 2, 3 except to editorial issues.
  - Last Call Schedule:
    - July 22nd (90 min telcon):
        Editors complete editorial work for WG review.
        Disposition of any outstanding editorial issues
    - July 29th (short telcon):
        Approval of Last Call drafts.
    - Aug 3rd WSDL 2.0 Last Call publication.
Received on Friday, 9 July 2004 16:01:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:32 GMT