Re: "operation name" .. an alternate proposal

Hi Prasad,

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 10:48:45PM -0700, Prasad Yendluri wrote:
> I am sure we can device pretty creative and private means to identify
> the operation without it being in the message or
> communicated other wise directly. But why try and address this in
> indirect and round about ways when we can make this
> part of the message where  it is really useful to have address the issue
> the most direct way.
>
> If I am invoking operation 'foo' I name that operation in my message by
> putting 'foo' in a well defined place.

I agree that it's generally more desirable to do this, primarily for
reasons of extensibility; that if the operation is in the message, then
it's easier to use a new operation than if it's not.  I was just hearing
that the WG wanted to be able to describe services for which the
operation was implied, and just wanted to say that I considered this
architecturally sound(*).

(*) so long as the operation was still self-descriptively identifiable as
    I described - unfortunately, much of what I've heard here recently
    is not

Mark.

  Seeking work on large scale application/data integration projects
  and/or the enabling infrastructure for same.