universal languages

From: "Tim Berners-Lee" <timbl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: DAMl "Thing" should be Top, Universal class - including concrete types
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:15:52 -0500

> We are not designing a reasoner. We are making
> a universal language which will allow the expression of information
> from many [different] systems. When a given system has limited descriptive
> power, then its input and output will be limited to a subset of the
> language.
>
> Tim

OK. In line with this comment from Tim, let me put forward a proposal for a
universal web language.

Requirements:

The universal web language (UWL) will be able to directly represent the
meaning of any statement about any state of affairs that may be made by any
application that interacts with the world-wide web.

Language:

I propose that Montague logic be used as the UWL.

Rationale:

Montague logic was designed to capture the meaning of natural logic
utterances, which should be adequate to represent anything.

Any problems with this?

peter