RE: universal languages

From: Bill dehOra <BdehOra@interx.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 09:11:24 -0000
To: "'Stefan Decker'" <stefan@db.stanford.edu>, Jim Hendler <jhendler@darpa.mil>
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org

:I'am only claiming that we need an OIDs to uniquely identify
:entities on the web. However, the same entity can have multiple OIDs.
:(and then "equivalent-to" is a great mechanism).
:But no OID should identify multiple entities.
:In other words: if I come up with an ID for Boston, nobody should
:be able to use this as an ID for San Francisco - or at least
:this abuse should be easy detectable.

If the city of San Fransisco invaded Boston tommorrow and declared that
Boston is now part of San Fransisco, which OID should we be using?

Bill de hOra