RE: universal languages

Katia,

Parts aren't always obvious though. Boston still "exists" in the sense that
it can be a part of San Francisco if San Francisco (and whoever gets to
declare OIDs) agrees that Boston is-a-part-of San Francisco and not now
actually San Francisco. You might treat this as a degenerate case of the
Ship of Theseus paradox: if we turn two boats into one which OID do we use?
What if we turned a fleet into an Ark?

Something similar I believe actually happened to the US Army with respect to
the relationship between guns and gun parts, where guns were being conjured
out of thin air so to speak by bogus parts requests (if not, it's a good
story). My point is that it's only so useful getting hung up on URIs and
OIDs as magic pointing bullets.

Bill de hOra