RE: universal languages

From: Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowther@melandra.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 15:30:19 -0000
To: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
[...]
> Triples are an idiom that show up all over the place,
> in my experience. They look like a pretty important
> and useful modelling primitive.

You can model a directed graph using a set of triples; you can model an
arbitrarily complex data structure with a directed graph.  As primitives,
they are sufficient to model any other structure.  I'm not aware of a
simpler primitive that allows you to model an arbitrarily complex data
structure using only a single set containing instances of that primitive.

		- Peter
--
Peter Crowther, Melandra Limited