W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > May 2007

[VER 2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG face-to-face meeting 42 - 2007-05-23 and 24

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:35:06 -0400
To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Message-ID: <OFC6C7A50C.8A4224B1-ON852572E3.006E657C-852572E3.0076702E@us.ibm.com>
Agenda: WS-Policy WG face-to-face meeting 42 - 2007-05-23 and 24
 
The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the 
WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
 
Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
 
Logistics: 
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html 

Wednesday 23 May, 2007 8:30 am - 5 pm ET - Chair: Chris 

1. Breakfast (8:30 am ET) 

2. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair (9:00 am ET)
 
a) Scribe List:

TBD (Wed am) 
Maryann Hondo (Wed pm) 
Ashok Malhotra (Thu am) 
Monica Martin (Thu pm) 

----------------------
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Mark Little
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin 
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard
Abbie Barbir
Dale Moberg
Felix Sasaki
Asir Vedamuthu
Frederick Hirsch
Mark Temple-Raston
Dale Moberg
Paul Knight
Yakov Sverdlov 
Prasad Yendluri
 
b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
 
c) Nortel Logistics, Abbie

3. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair (9:05 am ET)
 
a) Review and approval of draft May 16 minutes
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/16-ws-policy-minutes.html
 
4. Future WG meetings, Chair (9:10 am ET)
 
a) Future meetings
        http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
 
b) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
        http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
 
c) Future f2f planning on f2f agenda Thursday pm 
        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2007AprJun/0065.html

5. Editorial team report (9:15 am ET)
Current Editors drafts:
        http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

Note from Prasad on Guidelines ED:
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0249.html

6. Review action items, Chair (9:20 am ET)
Open action items:
Member only:
        http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
 
ACTION-279         OPEN         And Paul to engage Bob Freund on Toms 
points         Christopher Ferris         2007-05-23 
Status: on-going

ACTION-286         OPEN         Work with Tom and Monica and anyone else 
interested in developing  
assertion author guidelines related to nested policy vis a vis this new 
understanding  
of nested policy vocabulary         Maryann Hondo         2007-05-24 

ACTION-296         OPEN         And Chris to add agendum to cover the 
discussion around action 286         Paul Cotton         2007-05-16
DONE

7. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair (9:25 am ET)
 
a) Interop Agenda 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-interop/2007May/0012.html 


b) Interop scenarios
 
        i) Release-1-20070322
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0114.html
 
        ii) Release-2-20070501
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0010.html
               and
      
 http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/?only_with_tag=Release-2-20070501
 
c) CR dashboard summary
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html?only_with_tag=Release-1-20070322
 
d) ACTION-290 Ashok to open an issue for the namespace problems in the 
WSDL 1.1 external attachment tests
DONE:
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4522
Asir's reply:
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0051.html 

e) Interop issues 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0233.html
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0225.html 
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4571 
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4572 
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4568 
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4567 

f) Bugzilla list: 
        http://tinyurl.com/22xybz 

g) Other interop related items  

8. What is the Vocabulary of an Intersected Policy, Ashok (9:35 am ET)
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0065.html
Dan's reply:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0009.html
Felix's reply:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0093.html
 
ACTION-297 Asir to provide an proposal that adds an example to 4.5 Policy 
Intersection that  
calls out the non-matching case from Ashok\\'s email
DONE: 
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0173.html 
Status: lengthy discussion on previous telcon did not yield consensus. The 
following 
questions apply to the discussion: 
        Q1: Does the WG agree with Dan's answer in msg 009?  
        Q2: Does the WG accept the example for section 4.5 in msg 173?   
        Q3: Is there need for another example as per msg 009 (Fabian's 
point)?

Updated examples from Asir: 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0210.html 

9. Break (10:15 am ET) 

10. What is the Vocabulary of an Intersected Policy (continued), Ashok 
(10:35 am ET) 

11. Issue 4544: policy vocabulary, will not be applied, oh my! Chris 
Ferris (11:00 am ET)
NOTE: Because Chris has taken an interest and position on this, Paul will 
chair this agendum.
 
Issue: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4544

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0003.html
Monica's questions:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0012.html
Chris's proposal:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0055.html
(monster thread ensues)
Chris's follow-up addressing some of the questions:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0097.html
Chris's latest proposal: 
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0181.html 

Status: We will pick up the discussion from where we left off on May 16.   

this item will be updated with pertinent threads thru May 22.
 
12. Lunch (12:00 noon ET)
        Note: Maryann would like anyone interested in discussing AI 286 to 
join in a 
        lunchtime discussion
 
13. David Hull's CR issues discussion (1:00 pm ET) 

a) Comments on "normal form" of policy expressions, David Hull
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0000.html
 
b) [Bug 4552] Collections: Sets, bags or something else? David Hull
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0001.html
Asir's reply:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0007.html 
Latest in thread:  
      
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0245.html
 
ACTION-294 Ashok to open a CR issue with text to define "collection"
DONE. See:
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4552
 
c) [Bug 4556] Editorial issues, David Hull
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0002.html
Asir's reply:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0006.html
 
ACTION-295 Asir to open a CR issue to address the first item in message 
2007May/0002.
DONE: 
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4556 
         
d) [Bug 4553] Exact meaning of "all of the assertions in both 
alternatives"
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4553 

e) [Bug 4554] Configurability and comformance of intersection algorithm
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4554 
Note from Asir: 
      
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0200.html
 
f) [Bug 4555] Should policy intersection be called policy intersection?
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4555
Latest in thread:
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0206.html

14. Issue 4544: policy vocabulary, will not be applied, oh my! Chris 
Ferris (continued) (2:15 pm ET) 
Note: drinking game rules will be engaged if this is not resolved :-) 

15. Break (3:00 pm ET) 

16. CR issues (3:20 pm ET) 

a) Bugzilla list: 
        http://tinyurl.com/yp9wp6 
 
a) [Bug 4558] Scalability and performance problems with expressing 
allo..., David O  
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4558
See thread beginning at: 
      
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0202.html 

b) [Bug 4561] clarification of domain-specific processing, Chris
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4561
See note from Asir:
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0253.html

17. Primer Document 
Latest editor's draft:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0079.html

a) Bugzilla list: 
        http://tinyurl.com/2a5uwj 

b) [Bug 4559] Versioning: Requests for Expired Services, Monica 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4559 

c) Should we publish the latest draft? 
        
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-primer.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8 


18. Liaison items (4:00 pm ET) 

a) WS-Addressing request for second LC review of revised Metadata spec 
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0199.html 
Status: note from Asir:  
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0240.html 

b) WS-Addressing Metadata issues: 4374, 4375, and 4376
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0044.html
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0045.html
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0046.html
Status: This issues are on hold until the WS-A WG makes more progress. 

ACTION-279 Chris and Paul to engage Bob Freund on Tom's points about 
WS-Addressing Metatdata work
Status: In progress. We will deal with these issues after the WS-A 
Metadata goes CR.
 
c) Policy Framework and Policy Domain division of labor, and the 'absent 
policies are present as negations' principle, Dale Moberg
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0075.html
 
19. Recess (5:00 pm ET) 

Dinner at Paul's home (6:30 pm ET) 
 
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&sp=Point.rjtjzg8ppg5d_17%20Eleanor%20Dr%2C%20Ottawa%20ON%2C%20Canada___&encType=1 


Thursday 24 May, 2007 (8:30 am - 5 pm ET) Chair: Paul 

1. Breakfast (8:30 am ET) 

2. Logistics, Paul (9:00 am ET)

3. Guidelines issues, Part 1 (9:00 am ET) 

a) Bugzilla list: 
        http://tinyurl.com/ywtogs 

b) [Bug 4074]: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, 
Dan
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

ACTION-260 Maryann Hondo to provide revised proposal for 4074
DONE. See:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0020.html

c)  [Bug 4573]: Uses Guidelines, Best Practices and Good Practices 
interchangeably, Prasad
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0252.html
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4573

d) Editorial review of new Best Practices 
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0249.html

f) Editorial plan for Issue 3989
See plan in the following report:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0102.html 

g) [Bug 3988]: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., 
Asir
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
Status: Awaiting progress on new EDs with best practices reflected
 
h) [Bug 4566]: Guideline G2 to be reconsidered, Toufic 
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4566 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0214.html 

4. Break (10:15 am ET) 

5. Guidelines issues, Part 2 (10:35 am ET) 

a) [Bug 3978]: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment 
mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
 
ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html
 
ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to the 
Guidelines document re issue 3978
DONE.  See:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0016.html
 
6. Lunch (12:00 noon ET) 

7. Guideline issues, Part 2 (continued) (1:00 pm ET) 

8. Debrief from Interop Team (2:00 pm ET)
 
9. Break (3:00 pm ET) 

10. Future F2F Planning (3:20 pm ET)
        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2007AprJun/0065.html

11. Any other business (4:45 pm ET)

12. Adjournment (5:00 pm ET)
 
Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295 
Received on Tuesday, 22 May 2007 21:35:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:51 GMT