W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > May 2007

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 41 - 2007-05-16

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 12:19:44 -0700
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC22573C5C5FA166@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 41 - 2007-05-16

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Prasad Yendluri (scribe Wed May 16)
----------------------
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard
Ashok Malhotra
Abbie Barbir
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Monica Martin
Felix Sasaki
Asir Vedamuthu
Frederick Hirsch
Mark Temple-Raston
Dale Moberg
Paul Knight
Yakov Sverdlov

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of draft May 9 minutes
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/09-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

b) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Status: WG will meet Wed-Thu and CR interop testing will be done Wed-Fri.
Note: Registration closed on May 11.

c) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) Editorial plan for Issue 3989
See plan in the following report:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0102.html

b) Primer Editor's draft
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0079.html
Status: WG Review due at F2F meeting.

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-279 Chris And Paul to engage Bob Freund on Tom\\\\'s points
Status: In progress.

ACTION-286 Maryann to work with Tom and Monica and anyone else interested in developing assertion author guidelines related to nested policy vis a vis this new understanding of nested policy vocabulary
Status: Pending. On-going discussion.

ACTION-292 Monica and David O to evaluate whether a new issue needs to be contributed for 4414
Status: Expecting a proposal for May 16 meeting.

ACTION-294 Ashok to open a CR issue with text to define "collection"
Pending?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0062.html
DONE. See:
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4552

ACTION-295 Asir to open a CR issue to address the first item in message 2007May/0002.

ACTION-297 Asir to provide an proposal that adds an example to 4.5 Policy Intersection that calls out the non-matching case from Ashok\\'s email

ACTION-298 David Orchard to open an issue related to the scalability of intersection in the face of nested policy

ACTION-299 Chris Ferris to respond to WS-A regarding the WS-P WG feedback on their Metadata spec
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0147.html

6. What is the Vocabulary of an Intersected Policy, Ashok
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0065.html
Dan's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0009.html
Felix's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0093.html

ACTION-297 Asir to provide an proposal that adds an example to 4.5 Policy Intersection that calls out the non-matching case from Ashok\\'s email

7. Issue 4544: policy vocabulary, will not be applied, oh my! Chris Ferris
NOTE: Because I seem to have taken an interest and position on this, I will
have Paul chair this agendum.

Chris filed new issue: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4544

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0003.html
Monica's questions:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0012.html
Chris's most recent proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0055.html
(monster thread ensues)
Chris's follow-up addressing some of the questions:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0097.html

Status: We will pick up the discussion from where we left off on May 9.  I will update this item with pertinent threads before May 16.

8. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair

a) Interop scenarios

i) Release-1-20070322
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0114.html

ii) Release-2-20070501
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0010.html
and
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/?only_with_tag=Release-2-20070501

b) CR dashboard summary
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html?only_with_tag=Release-1-20070322

c) ACTION-290 Ashok to open an issue for the namespace problems in the WSDL 1.1 external attachment tests
DONE.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4522
Asir's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0051.html

d) Other interop related items

9. CR issues

a) Comments on "normal form" of policy expressions, David Hull
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0000.html

b) Collections: Sets, bags or something else? David Hull
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0001.html
Asir's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0007.html

ACTION-294 Ashok to open a CR issue with text to define "collection"
DONE. See:
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4552

c) Editorial issues, David Hull
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0002.html
Asir's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0006.html

ACTION-295 Asir to open a CR issue to address the first item in message 2007May/0002.

d) [Bug 4553] Exact meaning of "all of the assertions in both alternatives"
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4553

e) [Bug 4554] Configurability and comformance of intersection algorithm
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4554

f) [Bug 4555] Should policy intersection be called policy intersection?
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4555

10. Liaison items

a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata specification
Email to WS-A WG:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0153.html

Status: WS-Addressing WG response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0007.html
See thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0012.html
Our response to WS-A reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0147.html

b) Previous WG discussion

Tactical:
ACTION-271 Asir to pick up the text pointed out by Chris in Section 3.2 and answer Ashok\\'s question (by reading the letter of the law)
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0017.html

Strategic:
ACTION-270 Maryann to work with monica, asir, ashok and others to prepare proposal for some text in the guidelines doc that addresses the semantics of a constraint as it applies to nested policy
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0022.html
Status: Apr 11: The WG agreed to have email discussion of this message.

c) Action items from Apr 18 discussion

ACTION-283 Chris to send email with the example he gave discussing the role of policy vocabulary after intersection
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0103.html

ACTION-284 Asir to start email thread to develop proposal for def\\\\'ns of policy vocabulary and policy alternative vocabulary and nested policy vocabulary and also provide example
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0106.html
See Ashok's reply with Infoset definition:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0110.html

ACTION-285 Monica to initiate thread related to the role of context for nested policy
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0105.html

ACTION-286 Maryann to work with Tom and Monica and anyone else interested in developing assertion author guidelines related to nested policy vis a vis this new understanding of nested policy vocabulary
Status: Pending more discussion.

d) New WG discussion threads discussed at Apr 25 meeting

i) Policy Framework and Policy Domain division of labor, and the 'absent policies are present as negations' principle, Dale Moberg
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0075.html

d) WS-Addressing Metadata issues: 4374, 4375, and 4376
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0044.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0045.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0046.html
Status: This issues are on hold until the WS-A WG makes more progress.

ACTION-279 Chris and Paul to engage Bob Freund on Tom's points about WS-Addressing Metatdata work
Status: In progress.

11. Guidelines issues, Part 1

a) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html

ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html

ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to the Guidelines document re issue 3978
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0016.html

b) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

ACTION-260 Maryann Hondo to provide revised proposal for 4074
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0020.html

12. Guideline issues, Part 2

a) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
Status: Awaiting progress on new EDs with best practices reflected

13. Any other business

14. Adjournment



Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Sunday, 13 May 2007 19:20:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:51 GMT