W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > May 2007

(VER 2) Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 40 - 2007-05-09

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 08:51:58 -0400
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <OF573392AF.D83FA508-ON852572D6.0044A0EA-852572D6.004691E1@us.ibm.com>
I've added in links to email threads, new issues and action item updates

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295

__________________


Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 40 - 2007-05-09

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the 
WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Yakov Sverdlov (scribe Wed May 9)
Prasad Yendluri (scribe Wed May 16)
----------------------
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard
Ashok Malhotra
Abbie Barbir
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Monica Martin
Felix Sasaki
Asir Vedamuthu
Frederick Hirsch
Mark Temple-Raston
Dale Moberg
Paul Knight

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of draft May 2 minutes
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/02-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

b) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Status: WG will meet Wed-Thu and CR interop testing will be done Wed-Fri.
Note: Registration closes on May 11.

ACTION-289 Abbie to update F2F info when available, including remote 
reachability status
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0026.html

c) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) Editorial plan for Issue 3989
See plan in the following report:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0102.html

b) Delivery of Primer Editor's Draft

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-279 Chris And Paul to engage Bob Freund on Tom\\\\'s points
Status: In progress. Paul, Chris and Bob met again this week by phone.

ACTION-286 Maryann to work with Tom and Monica and anyone else interested 
in developing assertion author guidelines related to nested policy vis a 
vis this new understanding of nested policy vocabulary
Status: Pending. On-going discussion.

ACTION-289 Abbie to update F2F info when available, including remote 
reachability status
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0026.html

ACTION-290 Ashok to open an issue for the namespace problems in the WSDL 
1.1 external attachment tests
DONE. http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4522

ACTION-291 Asir to help Ashok with filling WSDL attachment interop results
DONE. email filed on w3-archive

ACTION-292 Monica and David O to evaluate whether a new issue needs to be 
contributed for 4414
Pending?

ACTION-293 Asir to close out issue 4479
Pending? http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4479

ACTION-294 Ashok to open a CR issue with text to define "collection"
Pending? 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0062.html

ACTION-295 Asir to open a CR issue to address the first item in message 
2007May/0002.
Pending?

6. What is the Vocabulary of an Intersected Policy, Ashok
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0065.html
Dan's reply:
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0009.html
Felix's reply: 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0093.html

7. Issue 4544: policy vocabulary, will not be applied, oh my! Chris Ferris
NOTE: Because I seem to have taken an interest and position on this, I 
will 
have Paul chair this agendum.

Chris filed new issue: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4544

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0003.html
Monica's questions:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0012.html
Chris's most recent proposal: 
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0055.html
(monster thread ensues)
Chris's follow-up addressing some of the questions: 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0097.html

8. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair

a) Interop scenarios

i) Release-1-20070322
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0114.html

ii) Release-2-20070501
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0010.html
and
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/?only_with_tag=Release-2-20070501

b) CR dashboard summary
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html?only_with_tag=Release-1-20070322

c) ACTION-290 Ashok to open an issue for the namespace problems in the 
WSDL 1.1 external attachment tests
DONE. http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4522

d) ACTION-291 Asir to help Ashok with filling WSDL attachment interop 
results
DONE.

e) Other interop related items

9. CR issues

a) Comments on "normal form" of policy expressions, David Hull
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0000.html

b) Collections: Sets, bags or something else? David Hull
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0001.html
Asir's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0007.html

ACTION-294 Ashok to open a CR issue with text to define "collection"

c) Editorial issues, David Hull
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0002.html
Asir's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0006.html

ACTION-295 Asir to open a CR issue to address the first item in message 
2007May/0002.

10. Liaison items

a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata 
specification
Email to WS-A WG:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0153.html

Status: WS-Addressing WG response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0007.html
See thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0012.html

b) Previous WG discussion

Tactical:
ACTION-271 Asir to pick up the text pointed out by Chris in Section 3.2 
and answer Ashok\\'s question (by reading the letter of the law)
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0017.html

Strategic:
ACTION-270 Maryann to work with monica, asir, ashok and others to prepare 
proposal for some text in the guidelines doc that addresses the semantics 
of a constraint as it applies to nested policy
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0022.html
Status: Apr 11: The WG agreed to have email discussion of this message.

c) Action items from Apr 18 discussion

ACTION-283 Chris to send email with the example he gave discussing the 
role of policy vocabulary after intersection
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0103.html

ACTION-284 Asir to start email thread to develop proposal for def\\\\'ns 
of policy vocabulary and policy alternative vocabulary and nested policy 
vocabulary and also provide example
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0106.html
See Ashok's reply with Infoset definition:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0110.html

ACTION-285 Monica to initiate thread related to the role of context for 
nested policy
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0105.html

ACTION-286 Maryann to work with Tom and Monica and anyone else interested 
in developing assertion author guidelines related to nested policy vis a 
vis this new understanding of nested policy vocabulary
Status: Pending more discussion.

d) New WG discussion threads discussed at Apr 25 meeting

i) Policy Framework and Policy Domain division of labor, and the 'absent 
policies are present as negations' principle, Dale Moberg
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0075.html

d) WS-Addressing Metadata issues: 4374, 4375, and 4376
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0044.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0045.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0046.html
Status: This issues are on hold until the WS-A WG makes more progress.

ACTION-279 Chris and Paul to engage Bob Freund on Tom's points about 
WS-Addressing Metatdata work
Status: In progress.

11. Guidelines issues, Part 1

a) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment 
mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html

ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html

ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to the 
Guidelines document re issue 3978
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0016.html

b) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, 
Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

ACTION-260 Maryann Hondo to provide revised proposal for 4074
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0020.html

12. Guideline issues, Part 2

a) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., 
Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
Status: Awaiting progress on new EDs with best practices reflected

13. Any other business

14. Adjournment
Received on Wednesday, 9 May 2007 12:52:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:51 GMT