W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > May 2007

[VER 2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 39 - 2007-05-02

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 18:17:54 -0700
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
CC: Bob Freund-Hitachi <bob.freund@hitachisoftware.com>, Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC22573A9C6639D5@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 39 - 2007-05-02

[VER 2]
1. Added David Hull's three CR questions with replies.
2. Added IBM proposal re "will not be applied" with replies.
3. Added proposal for ACTION-287 from David O.
4. Added proposal for ACTION-288 from Asir V.
5. Added reply from Dan re Ashok's question about nested assertions.
6. Added information about new release of Interop document.

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Paul Knight (scribe Wed May 2)
Yakov Sverdlov (scribe Wed May 9)
----------------------
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Prasad Yendluri
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard
Ashok Malhotra
Abbie Barbir
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Monica Martin
Felix Sasaki
Asir Vedamuthu
Frederick Hirsch
Mark Temple-Raston
Dale Moberg

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of draft Apr 25 minutes
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
May 2: Paul will Chair.  May 9: Chris will Chair.

b) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note: WG will meet Wed-Thu and CR interop testing will be done Wed-Fri.
Note: Registration closes on May 11.  As May 1, 17 WG members have still not registered.

c) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) Editorial plan for Issue 3989
See plan in the following report:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0102.html

b) Editorial plan for revised Interop Scenarios

ACTION-277 Editors to provide plan for producing 1 May interop document.

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-277 Editors to plan for producing 1 May interop document.
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0010.html

ACTION-279 Chris And Paul to engage Bob Freund on Tom\\\\'s points
Status: In progress. Paul, Chris and Bob met once this week by phone.

ACTION-286 Maryann to work with Tom and Monica and anyone else interested in developing assertion author guidelines related to nested policy vis a vis this new understanding of nested policy vocabulary
Status: Pending.

ACTION-287 Maryann and David Orchard: 4414 to be implemented except for paragraphs needing restructuring concerning end of life
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0004.html

ACTION-288 Asir to amend note in accordance with http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0081.html
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0004.html

6. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair

a) Interop scenarios

i) Release-1-20070322
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0114.html

ii) Update: Release 2.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0010.html
and
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/?only_with_tag=Release-2-20070501

b) CR dashboard summary
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html?only_with_tag=Release-1-20070322
Status: Summary now includes Layer 7 Round1, Round2 and Round4 negative test results.

c) External attachment testing, Doug Davis
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-interop/2007Apr/0021.html
Status: It appears that changes to the scenarios might be needed?

d) Other interop related items

7. Primer issues

a) Versioning and extensibility in primer needs cleanup, Maryann Hondo
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4414
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0111.html

Status: Maryann and David have submitted the following proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0052.html
Frederick's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0080.html

ACTION-287 - Maryann and David Orchard: 4414 to be implemented except for paragraphs needing restructuring concerning end of life
Status: The Apr 25 meeting accepted the proposal in message 0052 subject to this additional work.
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0004.html
Monica's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0011.html

8. CR issues

a) Issue 4479: Editorial, note is obscure or unclear
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0081.html

ACTION-288 - Asir to amend note in accordance with: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0081.html
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0004.html
Bob Freund's support:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0013.html

b) Comments on "normal form" of policy expressions, David Hull
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0000.html

c) Collections: Sets, bags or something else? David Hull
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0001.html
Asir's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0007.html

d) Editorial issues, David Hull
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0002.html
Asir's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0006.html

9. Liaison items

a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata specification
Email to WS-A WG:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0153.html

Status: WS-Addressing WG response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0007.html
See thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0012.html

b) Previous WG discussion

Tactical:
ACTION-271 Asir to pick up the text pointed out by Chris in Section 3.2 and answer Ashok\\'s question (by reading the letter of the law)
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0017.html

Strategic:
ACTION-270 Maryann to work with monica, asir, ashok and others to prepare proposal for some text in the guidelines doc that addresses the semantics of a constraint as it applies to nested policy
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0022.html
Status: Apr 11: The WG agreed to have email discussion of this message.

c) Action items from Apr 18 discussion

ACTION-283 Chris to send email with the example he gave discussing the role of policy vocabulary after intersection
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0103.html

ACTION-284 Asir to start email thread to develop proposal for def\\\\'ns of policy vocabulary and policy alternative vocabulary and nested policy vocabulary and also provide example
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0106.html
See Ashok's reply with Infoset definition:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0110.html

ACTION-285 Monica to initiate thread related to the role of context for nested policy
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0105.html

ACTION-286 Maryann to work with Tom and Monica and anyone else interested in developing assertion author guidelines related to nested policy vis a vis this new understanding of nested policy vocabulary
Status: Pending more discussion.

d) New WG discussion threads discussed at Apr 25 meeting

i) What is the Vocabulary of an Intersected Policy, Ashok
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0065.html
Dan's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0009.html

ii) Policy Framework and Policy Domain division of labor, and the 'absent policies are present as negations' principle, Dale Moberg
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0075.html

d) WS-Addressing Metadata issues: 4374, 4375, and 4376
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0044.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0045.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0046.html
Status: This issues are on hold until the WS-A WG makes more progress.

ACTION-279 Chris and Paul to engage Bob Freund on Tom's points about WS-Addressing Metatdata work
Status: In progress.

e) policy vocabulary, will not be applied, oh my! Chris Ferris
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0003.html
Monica's questions:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0012.html

10. Guidelines issues, Part 1

a) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html

ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html

ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to the Guidelines document re issue 3978
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0016.html

b) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

ACTION-260 Maryann Hondo to provide revised proposal for 4074
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0020.html

11. Guideline issues, Part 2

a) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
Status: Awaiting progress on new EDs with best practices reflected

12. Any other business

13. Adjournment



Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Wednesday, 2 May 2007 01:18:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:50 GMT