W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > June 2007

[VER 2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 46 - 2007-06-27

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:00:51 -0700
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC22574589B19321@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 46 - 2007-06-27

NOTE:
This meeting will consider transitioning WS-Policy 1.5 to Proposed Recommendation.  If you cannot attend please indicate your position by replying to:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0068.html

VER 2:
a) Update action items.
b) Added Asir's and Monica's responses to Guidelines issues.
c) Added thread for resolution of Issue 4566.
d) Added new Issue 4762: Media type section update

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

Regrets June 27: Frederick, Maryann, Asir, Toufic, Tom Rutt

a) Scribe List:

Charlton (Jun 27)
Mark Little (July 11)
----------------------
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Mark Little
Glen Daniels
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard
Abbie Barbir
Dale Moberg
Frederick Hirsch
Mark Temple-Raston
Dale Moberg
Paul Knight
Yakov Sverdlov
Prasad Yendluri
Maryann Hondo
Ashok Malhotra
Monica Martin
Felix Sasaki
Asir Vedamuthu
Toufic Boubez
William Henry

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of draft June 20 telcon minutes
http://www.w3.org/2007/06/20-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Schedule and future WG meetings, Chair

a) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
Status: Note there is NOT meeting on Wed Jul 4.

b) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

c) PR schedule

1) May 30th - Editors to deliver the updated Framework and Attachment drafts DONE.

2) June 5th - Refresh the Framework & Attachment CR drafts and Primer WD
DONE.  http://www.w3.org/News/2007#item114

3) June 13th - Close remaining CR issues
DONE.

4) June 20th - Editors to deliver the updated Framework and Attachment drafts
DONE.

5) June 27th - WG decision to request the director to advance the Framework and Attachment drafts to PR

This meeting will consider transitioning WS-Policy 1.5 to Proposed Recommendation.  If you cannot attend please indicate your position by replying to:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0068.html
Support from Frederick:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0097.html
Support from Tom Rutt:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0099.html

6) June 27th - Co-chairs to create the request to advance the Framework and Attachment drafts to PR
Draft transition request:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jun/0018.html

7) July 2 12noon EDT - Co-chairs and staff contact to meet with the director

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) Candidate PR drafts and new stable ED Guidelines draft:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0065.html

ACTION-319 Editors to update staged and master versions of framework PR draft with resolution to issue 4672

b) ACTION-318 Editors to work with Maryann to figure which of the issues resulting June msg 33 are doable before July F2F

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-300 Paul Cotton to make sure that the additional suggestions are not lost for the non-normative docs related to issue 4554

ACTION-304 Chris Ferris to look at sections 5.5.1 and 5.5.2 and suggest additional text

ACTION-306 Chris Ferris to review BP 23 and associated text, Section 5.7.

ACTION-318 Editors to work with Maryann to figure which of the issues resulting June msg 33 are doable before July F2F

ACTION-319 Editors to update staged and master versions of framework PR draft with resolution to issue 4672

ACTION-320 Chris Ferris to follow-up with Sergey regarding his note: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0047.html
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0076.html

ACTION-321 Toufic to initiate email thread on issue 4566... wg members to weigh in via email before next week's call
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0091.html

ACTION-322 Maryann to initiate email thread elaborating on best practice related to issue http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4654

ACTION-323 Maryann to update issue 4660 using stable version as baseline in 2 weeks

ACTION-324 Asir to follow-up on 4662 to relate msft comments
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0078.html

ACTION-325 Maryann to revise proposal for 4663 based on feedback from Monica and discussion on today's call

ACTION-326 Toufic to initiate email thread on issue 4672... WG members to weigh in via email before next week's call

6. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair

a) Interop scenarios release 3
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0035.html

b) CR dashboard summary
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html
Status: We have now passed our CR exit criteria!!!

c) seeking another vendor to publish results of round 5 tests (lax nested policy intersection)
See Axway results:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0079.html
See Layer 7 results:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0082.html
Status: We now have three reports for these tests and the Chairs will reference them in our PR transition request.

9. CR issues

a) Bugzilla list:
http://tinyurl.com/yp9wp6
Status: all issues closed as of June 20

b) Treatment of optional/ignorable attributes in framework and primer, Sergey
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0047.html

ACTION-320 Chris Ferris to follow-up with Sergey regarding his note: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0047.html
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0076.html
Sergey's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0084.html

c) [New Issue] Issue 4762: Media type section update, Felix
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0096.html
Status: The Chairs and Felix propose to deal with this as a PR issue.

9. Primer Document
Latest editor's draft:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0079.html

a) Bugzilla list:
http://tinyurl.com/2a5uwj

b) Issue 4376: [Primer] need to change qname for the ws-addr metadata elements in examples
Status: Left open to catch any later changes WS-Addressing Metadata.  We expect to process this issue at the Dublin F2F.  This specification is transitioning to CR:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2007AprJun/0110.html

c) Other primer issues

10. Guidelines issues

a) Bugzilla list:
http://tinyurl.com/ywtogs

b) [Bug 4566]: Guideline G2 to be reconsidered, Toufic
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4566
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0214.html

ACTION-312 Toufic to propose a different wording for Good Practice G2 [Bug 4566]
DONE: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0054.html

ACTION-321 Toufic to initiate email thread on issue 4566... wg members to weigh in via email before next week's call
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0091.html

c) [Bug 3978]: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html

ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html

ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to the Guidelines document re issue 3978
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0016.html

ACTION-313 Maryann to review latest Primer and Guidelines with regards to her four points related to [Bug 3978]
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0033.html
Note: The above email covers AIs 286, 303, 305, and 313:
Reply from David O:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0036.html
Status: At the Jun 13 meeting the following action items were assigned relating to the 2007Jun/0033.html proposal:

ACTION-316 Asir [and other WG members] to respond with comments to Maryann on proposal in June msg 33
DONE: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0052.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0063.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0069.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0070.html

ACTION-317 Maryann to open new guidelines issues (for) based on on content in June Msg 33
DONE.  See:

Issue 4654:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0055.html
Issue 4660:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0057.html
Issue 4662:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0058.html
Issue 4663:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0059.html
Issue 4664:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0060.html
Issue 4661:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0061.html

ACTION-318 Editors to work with Maryann to figure which of the issues resulting June msg 33 are doable before July F2F

d) [Bug 3988]: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
Status: Awaiting progress on new EDs with best practices reflected. We expect to process this issue at the Dublin F2F.

e) Issue 4375: [Guidelines] need to change qname for the ws-addr metadata elements in examples
Status: This issue is effectively resolved, but left open until WS-A Metatada goes CR.  We expect to process this issue at the Dublin F2F.

f) Issue 4660 [Guidelines] Best Practice Statments should be statements
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4660

ACTION-323 Maryann to update issue 4660 using stable version as baseline in 2 weeks

g) Issue 4661 [Guidelines] Reorganize guidance on XML Info Set represen...
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4661

h) Issue 4662 [Guidelines] Proposal for AI 305
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4662

ACTION-324 Asir to follow-up on 4662 to relate msft comments
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0078.html
Moncia's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0089.html

Monica's comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0088.html

i) Issue 4663 [Guidelines] Example for Section 8
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4663
Microsoft comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0094.html
Monica's comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0090.html

j) Issue 4664 [Guidelines] Proposal for AI 286
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4664
Microsoft comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0093.html
Monica's comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0087.html

k) Issue 4654 [Guidelines] Guidelines for Policy Attachment
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4654
Comment from Monica:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0098.html

ACTION-322 Maryann to initiate email thread elaborating on best practice related to issue http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4654

l) Issue 4672 [Guidelines] typo's in examples
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4672

ACTION-326: Toufic to initiate email thread on issue 4672... WG members to weigh in via email before next week's call

m) [Issue 4695] Editorial Comments on Guidelines, Monica
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0095.html

n) Other Guidelines issues

11. Adjourn

/* end of agenda */

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Wednesday, 27 June 2007 13:01:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:52 GMT