W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > February 2007

RE: [VER1] Agenda: WS-Policy WG telcon 26 - 2007-02-07

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 22:23:35 -0800
Message-ID: <E16EB59B8AEDF445B644617E3C1B3C9C0320D0E3@repbex01.amer.bea.com>
To: "Christopher B Ferris" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Regrets for most of the call, I'm in a conference.  I'll try to dial-in during a break.


________________________________

	From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-policy-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Christopher B Ferris
	Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 7:30 AM
	To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
	Subject: [VER1] Agenda: WS-Policy WG telcon 26 - 2007-02-07
	
	

	Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 26 - 2007-02-07
	
	The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
	http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
	
	Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
	
	1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair
	
	a) Scribe List:
	
	Sergey Beryozkin (Secretary for Feb 7)
	Dimitar Angelov
	Sanjiva Weerawarana
	Ruchith Fernando
	Jeffrey Crump
	Tom Jordahl
	Vladislav Bezrukov
	----------------------
	Jeff Mischkinsky
	Abbie Barbir
	Ashok Malhotra
	Charlton Barreto
	Sanka Samaranayake
	David Orchard
	Yakov Sverdlov
	Ümit Yalçinalp
	Asir Vedamuthu
	Maryann Hondo
	Dale Moberg
	Chris Ferris
	Mark Little
	Monica Martin
	Glen Daniels
	William Henry
	Toufic Boubez
	Frederick Hirsch
	Felix Sasaki
	Prasad Yendluri
	Anthony Nadalin
	Daniel Roth
	Fabian Ritzmann
	
	b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
	Member only:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
	
	2. Review and approval of f2f and telcon minutes, Chair
	
	a) Review and approval of 2007-01-31 minutes
	Draft minutes (member only):
	http://www.w3.org/2007/01/31-ws-policy-minutes.html
	
	b) Review and approval of 2007-01-16, 2007-01-17, 2007-01-18 minutes, Chair
	Draft minutes (member only):
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0014.html
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0015.html
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0017.html
	Status: See Umit's requested correction:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Feb/0000.html
	
	3. Future WG meetings, Chair
	
	a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Feb 14 - Chair is PaulC
	
	b) Future meetings
	http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
	
	c) Tue-Thu Mar 13-15 F2F meeting in Santa Clara hosted by webMethods
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0000.html
	http://www.w3.org/2007/03/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
	Note: Please register as early as possible.
	
	d) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
	http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
	Note: Logistics page is not yet available.
	
	e) Tue-Thu Jul 24-26 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
	http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
	Note: Logistics page is not yet available.
	
	ACTION-189  William Henry to put a proposal page for the July F2F in Ireland
	
	4. Editorial team report
	Current Editors drafts:
	http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts
	
	a) WS-Policy Candidate Recommendation Editor's drafts, Editors
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0208.html
	Status: WG members have until Wed Feb 7 to review these documents.
	
	5. Review action items, Chair
	Open action items:
	Member only:
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
	
	
	ACTION-183         OPEN         Research ownership of "Contoso" name/trademark.[4103]         Asir Vedamuthu         2007-02-06 
	ACTION-189         OPEN         Put a proposal page for the July F2F in Ireland         William Henry         2007-02-27 
	ACTION-192         OPEN         Give proposal for changes resulting from 4142         Maryann Hondo         2007-01-23 
	ACTION-193         OPEN         Propse guidelines text. Maryann and Monica to help.         Ashok Malhotra         2007-01-23 
	ACTION-196         OPEN         to add example outlined in e http://www.w3.org/2007/01/16-ws-policy-irc#T22-21-59 to be added to primer         Frederick Hirsch         2007-01-30 
	ACTION-201         OPEN         Create a concrete proposal for 4255         William Henry         2007-02-07 
	ACTION-202         OPEN         Followup with the SX TC if they are requesting additional time to do LC review for policy         Christopher Ferris         2007-01-25 
	ACTION-203         OPEN         Will create test cases for xml:id         Felix Sasaki         2007-02-07 
	ACTION-204         OPEN         Will create test cases for xml:base         Christopher Ferris         2007-02-07 
	ACTION-209         OPEN         glendaniels will create test cases for the policy MIME type, see http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-ws-policy-minutes.html#action06         Glen Daniels         2007-02-07 
	ACTION-210         OPEN         Update the meeting schedule at the admin HP         Felix Sasaki         2007-02-07 
	ACTION-211         OPEN         to create test cases for features 37 and 38 on UDDI         Prasad Yendluri         2007-02-14 
	ACTION-212         OPEN         to determine the UDDI scenarios CitiGroup can cover         Mark Temple-Raston         2007-02-07 
	ACTION-213         OPEN         Find an owner for feature 22         Christopher Ferris         2007-02-07 
	ACTION-214         OPEN         Ask Ashok if he takes on feature 23         Paul Cotton         2007-02-07 
	ACTION-215         OPEN         Find out who within IBM is answering 4251         Maryann Hondo         2007-02-07 
	ACTION-216         OPEN         Propose text for primer or guideline for issue 4212         Umit Yalcinalp         2007-02-07 
	ACTION-217         OPEN         And Monica to amend issue 4288         Maryann Hondo         2007-02-07 
	ACTION-218         OPEN         And Maryann to provide text for subject attachment Extensibility in guidelines         Umit Yalcinalp         2007-02-07
	
	6. Liaison items
	
	None.
	
	7. Exiting Last Call
	
	a) WS-Policy Framework proposed CR WD
	http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-framework.html?rev=1.95&content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8&only_with_tag=Editors-Draft-24-January-2007
	
	b) WS-Policy Attachment proposed CR WD
	http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-attachment.html?rev=1.85&content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8&only_with_tag=Editors-Draft-24-January-2007
	
	c) WG comments on proposed CR WDs
	
	d) WG decision to exit Last Call and request transition to CR
	
	8. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair
	
	a) W3C Process 7.4.3 Call for Implementations (aka Candidate Recommendation)
	http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#cfi
	Status: our CFI must cover the following items:
	
	i) the Working Group SHOULD include a report of present and expected implementations as part of the request.
	
	ii) the Working Group MAY identify specific features of the technical report as being "features at risk"
	
	iii) The request to the Director to advance a technical report to Candidate Recommendation MUST indicate whether the Working Group expects to satisfy any Proposed Recommendation entrance criteria beyond the default requirements
	
	Default PR criteria are: Shown that each feature of the technical report has been implemented. Preferably, the Working Group SHOULD be able to demonstrate two interoperable implementations of each feature.
	
	iv)  The announcement MUST indicate a minimal duration, before which the Working Group MUST NOT request a Call for Review of a Proposed Recommendation; this minimal duration is designed to allow time for comment.
	
	v) The announcement SHOULD also include the Working Group's estimate of the time expected to gather sufficient implementation data.
	
	9. CR interop scenarios and testing
	
	a) WS-Policy Features and Interop Scenarios, Asir
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0143.html
	
	b) Revised Interop Scenarios, IBM and MSFT
	<URL to be provided>
	
	c) ACTION-203 Felix will create test cases for xml:id
	
	d) ACTION-204 Chris will create test cases for xml:base
	
	e) ACTION-209  Glen Daniels will create test cases for the policy MIME type
	
	f) UDDI scenario and test cases, Prasad
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0196.html
	ACTION-211         OPEN         to create test cases for features 37 and 38 on UDDI         Prasad Yendluri         2007-02-14 
	ACTION-212         OPEN         to determine the UDDI scenarios CitiGroup can cover         Mark Temple-Raston         2007-02-07 
	
	g) Adding negative test cases, Chris F
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0199.html
	
	h) Outstanding test cases, Chair
	
	10. WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers
	
	a) Issue 4251  Change syntax for some WSDL 1.1 identifiers
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4251
	Ashok's proposal:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0169.html
	David's correction:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0180.html
	Status: At the F2F meeting WG members asked for more time to consider this matter.
	
	11. Primer issues
	
	a) [NEW ISSUE] 4103 Questionable use of Contoso Ltd in Primer, Chris Ferris
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4103
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0077.html
	See thread ending at:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0102.html
	Status: Asir has action 183
	
	ACTION-183 OPEN Research ownership of "Contoso" name/trademark. Asir Vedamuthu 2007-01-10
	
	b) [NEW ISSUE] 4263: Add text to ignorable discussion on passing ignorable property of assertion to domain specific processing
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4263
	
	c) [NEW ISSUE] 4212, 4213 Use of empty policy for nesting should be exemplified
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0100.html
	ACTION-216         OPEN         Propose text for primer or guideline for issue 4212         Umit Yalcinalp         2007-02-07 
	
	d) [NEW ISSUE] 4255: Section 2.9 should also explain basic attaching
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4255
	
	e) Issue 4195
	
	ACTION-196 Frederick to add example outlined in
	http://www.w3.org/2007/01/16-ws-policy-irc#T22-21-59 to be added to primer
	
	f) Issue 4288 - Primer: Absence of Policy Assertions (editorial), Monica
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0214.html 
	ACTION-217         OPEN         And Monica to amend issue 4288         Maryann Hondo         2007-02-07
	
	12. Guidelines issues 
	
	a) ISSUE 3987: Section 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3987
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html
	
	b) ISSUE 4035: [ Guidelines] Section 2 should account for interop impact of non-wire or one-party assertions and ignorable property
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html
	
	c) ISSUE 4072: Statements not relevant to assertion design, Dan
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4072
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0046.html
	Fabian's response:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0063.html
	
	d) ISSUE 3979: Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on referencing policy expressions, Dan Roth
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3979
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html
	
	ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into consideration today\\'s discussion on issue 3979 DONE. See:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0071.html
	
	e) ISSUE 4073: Free standing statements, Asir
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4073
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0049.html
	
	f) ISSUE 4074: Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
	See exchange between Dan and Umit at:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0085.html
	
	g) ISSUE 4040: [Guidelines] Update guidelines to include discussion of ignorable, Frederick http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4040
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0025.html
	
	h) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
	Maryann's response:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0131.html
	
	i) ISSUE 3989: Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
	Maryann's response:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
	Asir:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
	Umit:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html
	
	j) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
	Email discussion thread:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
	
	k) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
	
	l) ISSUE 3981: What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring Styles' to policy assertion design?, Asir
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3981
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html
	
	m) ISSUE 3990: Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3990
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html
	
	n) [NEW ISSUE] 4198: Policy assertion semantics independent of attachment mechanism
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4198
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0083.html 
	ACTION-218         OPEN         And Maryann to provide text for subject attachment Extensibility in guidelines         Umit Yalcinalp         2007-02-07
	
	o) [NEW ISSUE] 4262 Use of @wsp:optional and @wsp:Ignorable on t...
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4262
	
	Christopher Ferris
	STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
	email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
	blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
	phone: +1 508 377 9295
	
	
Received on Wednesday, 7 February 2007 06:24:15 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:47 GMT