W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > November 2006

Re: Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 18 - 2006-11-29

From: Mark Little <mark.little@jboss.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:22:43 +0000
Message-Id: <0958AEBF-BE3D-4978-9438-EA4B62094054@jboss.com>
Cc: public-ws-policy@w3.org
To: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Apologies in advance. I'll be dialing in but have to go after 15  
minutes: my 4 year old son has chicken pox and I'm on babysitting duty.

Mark.



On 27 Nov 2006, at 17:54, Christopher B Ferris wrote:

>
> Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 18 - 2006-11-29
>
> The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on  
> the WG's administrative home page:
> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
>
> Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as  
> documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register  
> with Zakim:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
>
> 1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair
>
> a) Scribe List:
>
> Jong Lee
> Dimitar Angelov
> Sanjiva Weerawarana
> Ruchith Fernando
> Jeffrey Crump
> Tom Jordahl
> Vladislav Bezrukov
> ----------------------
> Dale Moberg
> Jeff Mischkinsky
> William Henry
> Prasad Yendluri
> Mark Little
> Abbie Barbir
> Anthony Nadalin
> Monica Martin
> Glen Daniels
> Ashok Malhotra
> Daniel Roth
> Sergey Beryozkin
> Charlton Barreto
> Sanka Samaranayake
> Frederick Hirsch
> Fabian Ritzmann
> David Orchard
> Toufic Boubez
> Yakov Sverdlov
> Felix Sasaki
> Ümit Yalçinalp
> Asir Vedamuthu
> Maryann Hondo
>
> b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
> Member only:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
>
> 2. Review and approval of previous minutes, Chair
>
> http://www.w3.org/2006/11/15-ws-policy-minutes.html
>
> 3. Future WG meetings, Chair
>
> a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Dec 6  - Chair is Paul Cotton.
>
> b) Future meetings
> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
>
> 4. Editorial team report
>
> a) Primer and Guidelines documents
>
> ACTION-154 Report back to WG on plan to deliver public WDs of  
> Primer and Guidelines documents as early as possible before XMas  
> due +3 weeks, Editors  2006-11-16
>
> 5. Review action items, Chair
> Open action items - Member only:
> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
>
> ACTION-144 Work with paul and negotiate end-date for review of the  
> specs with the chairs of these other wgs, Christopher Ferris  
> 2006-11-29
>
> ACTION-145 Work with paul to liaison with ws-sx, ws-rx, ws-tx and  
> uddi TCs at OASIS to request review comments, Christopher Ferris  
> 2006-11-29
>
> ACTION-147 Raise issue relative to xml:base and ws-policy,  
> Christopher Ferris 2006-11-29
>
> ACTION-148 Confirm that WG will not be out of bounds to publish a  
> WG note that defines xpiointer scheme that defines access to wsdl  
> 1.1 elements, Philippe Le Hegaret 2006-11-29
>
> ACTION-151 Respond to sergey to his questions on the 3789 proposed  
> resolution, Asir Vedamuthu 2006-11-18
>
> ACTION-152 Review 4.4.8 with respect to the addition of the  
> ignorable attribute ("treasure island") due December 1, David  
> Orchard 2006-12-01
>
> ACTION-155 Draft proposed clarifications in 2.6 on use of the mtom  
> assertion as an optional assertion that have been raised by  
> Frederick in 3952 and in the discussion in this meeting, Daniel  
> Roth 2006-11-29
>
> ACTION-156 OPEN Respond to 1.1 element names topic Ashok Malhotra  
> 2006-11-22
>
> ACTION-157 OPEN Write a proposal for scoping the 1.1 identifiers to  
> address the policy attachments points currently in the ws-policy  
> attachment spec Christopher Ferris 2006-11-22
>
> 6. Last Call Issues
>
> <to be supplied>
>
> 7. New Issues
>
> a. [G] Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment  
> mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
>
> b. [G] Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on referencing policy  
> expressions, Dan Roth
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html
>
> c. [G] The introduction should state that the document only targets  
> policy assertion authors, Dan Roth
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0105.html
>
> d. [G] The introduction section..., Asir
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0106.html
>
> e. [G] What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring Styles' to policy
> assertion design?, Asir
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html
>
> f. [G] The Guidelines document should use a phrase to identify the
> target audience consistently., Asir
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0108.html
>
> g. [G] Assertion Parameters vs. Name Value Pairs., Asir
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0109.html
>
> h. [G] Parameters vs. Nested Policy decision at the Domain Level?,  
> Asir
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0110.html
>
> i. [G] ection 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html
>
> j. [G] Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
>
> k. [G] Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
>
> l. [G] Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html
>
> 8. Primer Doc Issues
>
> a) 3952 - Change optional example from MTOM to security (Guidelines  
> and Primer), Frederick
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3952
> >From Nov F2F - Partial RESOLUTION: Agreed to preserve MTOM  
> assertion as optional example in Primer as partial resolution to 3952.
> Pending Action 155 - http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/ 
> actions/155 - Dan to draft proposed clarifications in 2.6 on use of  
> the mtom assertion as an optional assertion that have been raised  
> by Frederick in 3952 and in the discussion in this meeting.
>
> b) 3965 - Clarify text surrounding PolicyReference and for usage of  
> wsp:Name attribute, Fabian
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3965
>
> 9. Guidelines doc issues
>
> a) 3953 - Remove language that use of security policy assertions  
> forces nested assertions for other domains, Frederick
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3953
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0039.html
>
> 10. WSDL11Identifiers
>
> a) Nov 15 Editor's Draft:
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ 
> wsdl11elementidentifiers.html?rev=1.5&content-type=text/html;% 
> 20charset=utf-8
>
> b) Update from David Orchard
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0116.html
> and
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0117.html
>
> 11. Any other business
>
> 12. Adjourn
>
> Christopher Ferris
> STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
> email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
> blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
> phone: +1 508 377 9295
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 29 November 2006 12:23:42 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:43 GMT