W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > November 2006

Re: Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 18 - 2006-11-29

From: Charlton Barreto <charlton_b@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 07:35:12 -0800
To: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Cc: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Message-ID: <DF03CE33-010F-1000-A81B-2AF0B6D6083E-Webmail-10013@mac.com>

Apologies but I will only be able to attend for 30 mins as I have a conflict today. 

-Charlton.
--
charlton_b@mac.com
+1.650.222.6507 m
+1.415.692.5396 v
 
On Monday, November 27, 2006, at 06:59PM, "Christopher B Ferris" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 18 - 2006-11-29
>
>The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's 
>administrative home page:
>http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
>
>Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
>the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
>
>1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair
>
>a) Scribe List:
>
>Jong Lee
>Dimitar Angelov
>Sanjiva Weerawarana
>Ruchith Fernando
>Jeffrey Crump
>Tom Jordahl
>Vladislav Bezrukov
>----------------------
>Dale Moberg
>Jeff Mischkinsky
>William Henry
>Prasad Yendluri
>Mark Little
>Abbie Barbir
>Anthony Nadalin
>Monica Martin
>Glen Daniels
>Ashok Malhotra
>Daniel Roth
>Sergey Beryozkin
>Charlton Barreto
>Sanka Samaranayake
>Frederick Hirsch
>Fabian Ritzmann
>David Orchard
>Toufic Boubez
>Yakov Sverdlov
>Felix Sasaki
>Ümit Yalçinalp
>Asir Vedamuthu
>Maryann Hondo
>
>b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
>Member only:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
>
>2. Review and approval of previous minutes, Chair
>
>http://www.w3.org/2006/11/15-ws-policy-minutes.html
>
>3. Future WG meetings, Chair
>
>a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Dec 6  - Chair is Paul Cotton.
>
>b) Future meetings
>http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
>
>4. Editorial team report
>
>a) Primer and Guidelines documents
>
>ACTION-154 Report back to WG on plan to deliver public WDs of Primer and 
>Guidelines documents as early as possible before XMas due +3 weeks, 
>Editors  2006-11-16
>
>5. Review action items, Chair
>Open action items - Member only:
>http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
>
>ACTION-144 Work with paul and negotiate end-date for review of the specs 
>with the chairs of these other wgs, Christopher Ferris 2006-11-29
>
>ACTION-145 Work with paul to liaison with ws-sx, ws-rx, ws-tx and uddi TCs 
>at OASIS to request review comments, Christopher Ferris 2006-11-29
>
>ACTION-147 Raise issue relative to xml:base and ws-policy, Christopher 
>Ferris 2006-11-29
>
>ACTION-148 Confirm that WG will not be out of bounds to publish a WG note 
>that defines xpiointer scheme that defines access to wsdl 1.1 elements, 
>Philippe Le Hegaret 2006-11-29
>
>ACTION-151 Respond to sergey to his questions on the 3789 proposed 
>resolution, Asir Vedamuthu 2006-11-18
>
>ACTION-152 Review 4.4.8 with respect to the addition of the ignorable 
>attribute ("treasure island") due December 1, David Orchard 2006-12-01
>
>ACTION-155 Draft proposed clarifications in 2.6 on use of the mtom 
>assertion as an optional assertion that have been raised by Frederick in 
>3952 and in the discussion in this meeting, Daniel Roth 2006-11-29
>
>ACTION-156 OPEN Respond to 1.1 element names topic Ashok Malhotra 
>2006-11-22 
>
>ACTION-157 OPEN Write a proposal for scoping the 1.1 identifiers to 
>address the policy attachments points currently in the ws-policy 
>attachment spec Christopher Ferris 2006-11-22 
>
>6. Last Call Issues
>
><to be supplied>
>
>7. New Issues
>
>a. [G] Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms 
>is necessary, Dan Roth
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
>
>b. [G] Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on referencing policy 
>expressions, Dan Roth
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html
>
>c. [G] The introduction should state that the document only targets policy 
>assertion authors, Dan Roth
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0105.html
>
>d. [G] The introduction section..., Asir
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0106.html
>
>e. [G] What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring Styles' to policy
>assertion design?, Asir
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html
>
>f. [G] The Guidelines document should use a phrase to identify the
>target audience consistently., Asir
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0108.html
>
>g. [G] Assertion Parameters vs. Name Value Pairs., Asir
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0109.html
>
>h. [G] Parameters vs. Nested Policy decision at the Domain Level?, Asir
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0110.html
>
>i. [G] ection 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html
>
>j. [G] Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
>
>k. [G] Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
>
>l. [G] Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html
>
>8. Primer Doc Issues
>
>a) 3952 - Change optional example from MTOM to security (Guidelines and 
>Primer), Frederick
>http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3952
>>From Nov F2F - Partial RESOLUTION: Agreed to preserve MTOM assertion as 
>optional example in Primer as partial resolution to 3952.
>Pending Action 155 - 
>http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/155 - Dan to draft 
>proposed clarifications in 2.6 on use of the mtom assertion as an optional 
>assertion that have been raised by Frederick in 3952 and in the discussion 
>in this meeting.
>
>b) 3965 - Clarify text surrounding PolicyReference and for usage of 
>wsp:Name attribute, Fabian
>http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3965
>
>9. Guidelines doc issues
>
>a) 3953 - Remove language that use of security policy assertions forces 
>nested assertions for other domains, Frederick
>http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3953
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0039.html
>
>10. WSDL11Identifiers
>
>a) Nov 15 Editor's Draft:
>http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/wsdl11elementidentifiers.html?rev=1.5&content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
>
>b) Update from David Orchard
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0116.html
>and
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0117.html
>
>11. Any other business
>
>12. Adjourn
>
>Christopher Ferris
>STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
>email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
>blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
>phone: +1 508 377 9295
>
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 29 November 2006 15:35:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:43 GMT