W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > December 2006

[VER 2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 21 - 2006-12-20

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:50:46 -0800
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC22571FD4B787C2@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 21 - 2006-12-20

[VER 2]
1. Changed order of Guidelines issues.
2. Added status information about F2F registration.
3. Moved Primer agenda item to end of agenda.
4. Update action item list to indicate completed items.

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Monica Martin (Scribe for Dec 20)
Glen Daniels (scribe for Jan 3)
Jong Lee
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Jeffrey Crump
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Jeff Mischkinsky
William Henry
Prasad Yendluri
Abbie Barbir
Anthony Nadalin
Ashok Malhotra
Daniel Roth
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
Sanka Samaranayake
Frederick Hirsch
Fabian Ritzmann
David Orchard
Toufic Boubez
Yakov Sverdlov
Felix Sasaki
Ümit Yalçinalp
Asir Vedamuthu
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Chris Ferris
Mark Little

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of previous minutes, Chair
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/13-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Jan 3 - Chair is Chris Ferris.

b) Please make your plans for attending the F2F in Jan, hosted by BEA
in San Francisco.
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Status: 18 WG members have still not registered.  What is the last date for registration?

c) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

4. Editorial team report

a) Primer and Guidelines publication, Dec 21, Felix
Status: The Director has approved the publication of the FPWD of Guidelines.  Target date is Thu Dec 21.

b) WSDL11identifiers Editor's Draft
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/wsdl11elementidentifiers.html

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items - Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-152 Review 4.4.8 with respect to the addition of the ignorable attribute ("treasure island") due December 1, David Orchard

ACTION-163 Work with Frederick to draft an example of the RM and security composition requiring nesting Umit Yalcinalp

ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into consideration today\\'s discussion on issue 3979

ACTION-165 Work with Chris and felix to draft appropriate status sections for WD Primer and FPWD Guidelines drafts Paul Cotton
DONE.

ACTION-166 Help drive the publication of the WD Primer and FPWD Guidelines drafts, by Dec 21 Felix Sasaki
Status: In progress.

ACTION-167 Follow-up with IETF regarding media type registration if we make this proposed change to the draft to accomodate XML Base Felix Sasaki
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-comments/2006Dec/0003.html

ACTION-168 Close 4039 in bugzilla Christopher Ferris
DONE.

ACTION-169 Make the change related to 4068 and check that update of RDDL doc after WD publication is ok Felix Sasaki
DONE.

ACTION-170 Work with Monica on a concrete proposal for changes to the Primer to accomodate the general sense of the proposal in issue 4069 Asir Vedamuthu

ACTION-171 Raise this technical issue (form of the portType/operation/message designator) with jonathan Paul Cotton

ACTION-172 Produce a proposal for resolving issue 4041 by January 10 Editors

6. Last Call Framework and Attachment Issues

a) ISSUE 4069: Updating References for Use of xml:id
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4069
See note from Asir:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0041.html

ACTION-170 Work with Monica on a concrete proposal for changes to the Primer to accomodate the general sense of the proposal in issue 4069 Asir Vedamuthu

7. WSDL11 Element Identifiers

a) Dec Editor's Draft:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/wsdl11elementidentifiers.html
See note from David:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0048.html

b) ACTION-156 OPEN Respond to 1.1 element names topic Ashok Malhotra
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0128.html

ACTION-171 Raise this technical issue (form of the portType/operation/message designator) with jonathan Paul Cotton

Ashok raised the matter with the WSDL WG.  See thread starting at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0058.html

c) ISSUE 4045: Scoping WSDL1.1 identifiers to WS-Pol Att defined attachment points
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4045
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0031.html

ACTION-162 Open an issue for the scoping of WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers Christopher Ferris 2006-12-13
DONE

d) 'Canonical form for WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers', Paul
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0028.html

e) Support for operations with the same name, Fabian
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0065.html

8. Guidelines issues
Status: We will discuss those issues with the most discussion on the email list.

a) 3980 The introduction section..., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3980
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0106.html

b) ISSUE 3983 The Guidelines document should use a phrase to identify the
target audience consistently., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3983
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0108.html

c) ISSUE 3984 Assertion Parameters vs. Name Value Pairs., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3984
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0109.html

d) ISSUE 4072: Statements not relevant to assertion design, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4072
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0046.html
Fabian's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0063.html

e) ISSUE 4073: Free standing statements, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4073
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0049.html

f) ISSUE 4074: Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

g) (NEW) ISSUE 4040: [Guidelines] Update guidelines to include discussion of ignorable, Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4040
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0025.html

h) 3978 Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0131.html

i) 3989 Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
Asir:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html

j) 3988 Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html

k) 3953 - Remove language that use of security policy assertions forces nested assertions for other domains, Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3953
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0039.html
Status: Frederick's update proposal against more recent Guidelines doc:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0008.html

ACTION-163 Work with Frederick to draft an example of the RM and security composition requiring nesting Umit Yalcinalp 2006-12-13

ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into consideration today\\'s discussion on issue 3979

l) 3979 Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on referencing policy expressions, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3979
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html

ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into consideration today\\'s discussion on issue 3979

m) 3981 What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring Styles' to policy
assertion design?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3981
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html

n) 3986 Parameters vs. Nested Policy decision at the Domain Level?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3986
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0110.html

o) 3987 Section 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3987
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html

p) 3990 Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3990
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html

q) ISSUE 4035: [ Guidelines] Section 2 should account for interop impact of non-wire or one-party assertions and ignorable property
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html

r) ISSUE (4074): [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

9. Primer Doc Issues

a) (NEW) ISSUE 4041: Update primer to mention ignorable as needed, Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4041
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0026.html

ACTION-172 Produce a proposal for resolving issue 4041 by January 10 Editors 2006-12-20

11. Any other business

12. Adjourn



Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Tuesday, 19 December 2006 19:51:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:44 GMT