W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > February 2006

Re: Minutes of SWBP WG 2006-02-06

From: Deborah L. McGuinness <dlm@ksl.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 08:14:06 -0800
Message-ID: <43E8C74E.3010605@ksl.stanford.edu>
To: "Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)" <dbooth@hp.com>
CC: public-swbp-wg@w3.org

you can add the link i sent as an update to the oep notes elisa sent.
i added the following 2 lines at the right place in the notes below:

Deborah McGuinness sent an update to the January 30 OEP telecon minutes 
elisa sent at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0046.html

look for ** below

thx,
d

Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) wrote:

>. . . are available at http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html
>and below in plain text.
>
>David Booth
>
>-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>   [1]W3C
>
>      [1] http://www.w3.org/
>
>                    Semantic Web Best Practices WG
>
>6 Feb 2006
>
>   [2]Agenda
>
>      [2]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0026.html
>
>   See also: [3]IRC log
>
>      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-irc
>
>Attendees
>
>   Present
>          Elisa Kendall, David Wood, Ralph Swick, Raphael Troncy,
>          Fabien Gandon, Chris Halaschek, David Booth, Alistair Miles,
>          Ben Adida, Guus Schreiber
>
>   Regrets
>          Jeremy Carroll, Jeff Pan, Libby Miller, Gary Ng,
>          Brian_McBride, Deborah McGuinness
>
>   Chair
>          DWood
>
>   Scribe
>          DBooth
>
>Contents
>
>     * [4]Topics
>         1. [5]Admin
>         2. [6]2.1 Proposed resolution httpRange-14
>         3. [7]2.2 OMG: ODM review
>         4. [8]2.3 Other
>         5. [9]3.1 PORT - Porting Thesaurii to RDF and OWL (Alistair)
>         6. [10]3.2 OEP - Ontology Engineering and Patterns (Deb/Chris)
>         7. [11]3.3 WordNet (Aldo)
>         8. [12]3.4 XSCH - XML Schema Datatypes (Jeremy)
>         9. [13]3.5 VM - Vocabulary Management (TomB)
>        10. [14]3.6 HTML - Embedding RDF in HTML (Ben)
>        11. [15]3.7 ADTF - Applications and Demos (Libby)
>        12. [16]3.8 RDFTM - RDF/Topic Maps Interoperability (Steve)
>        13. [17]3.9 Tutorial Page
>        14. [18]3.10 SE - Software Engineering
>        15. [19]3.11 MM - Multimedia Annotation
>     * [20]Summary of Action Items
>     _________________________________________________________
>
>   <RalphS> Previous: 2006-01-23
>   [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes
>
>     [21] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes
>
>   <scribe> Scribe: DBooth
>
>Admin
>
>   <dwood> Minutes from 12 Dec:
>   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0014.
>   html
>
>     [22]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0014.html
>
>   <dwood> Minutes from 9 Jan:
>   [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/09-swbp-minutes
>
>     [23] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/09-swbp-minutes
>
>   DWood: We didn't record accepting some of our previous minutes.
>
>   <dwood> Minutes from 23 Jan:
>   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes
>
>     [24] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes
>
>   <RalphS> [25]2005-12-12 record in HTML form
>
>     [25] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html
>
>   RESOLUTION: Accept minutes of 12 Dec, 9 Jan and 23 Jan.
>
>   <dwood> PROPOSED next meeting 20 February 2006
>
>   <RalphS> 20 Feb is a US Holiday
>
>   RESOLUTION: next meeting 20 February 2006
>
>   <RalphS> (I expect I will attend on the holiday if the WG meets
>   then)
>
>   <Zakim> TBaker, you wanted to propose Cookbook for Working Draft
>
>   DWood: Other agenda for today?
>
>   Ben: RDF/A Primer
>
>   <benadida> yes!
>
>   <TBaker> thank you!
>
>2.1 Proposed resolution httpRange-14
>
>   Alistair: DBooth had action to request clarification from TAG on the
>   issue, and I had a VM TF action to ask whether 302 redirects are
>   okay, so I drafted something boiling it down to whether hTTP
>   responses are assertions. That also seemed like what was underlying
>   a lot of discussion on the thread and whether it is okay to use a
>   URI to name a person. I thought the httpRange-14 decision was to the
>   effect that HTTP response is an assertion.
>   ... Pat Hayes said he doesn't think this is a good idea to ask, that
>   this is still a research question. DWood also commented.
>
>   <RalphS> +1 to Pat Hayes' arguments being well worth reading
>
>   <dwood> ackk dbooth
>
>   <RalphS> DBooth: my view has shifted as a result of the email
>   discussion
>
>   <RalphS> ... I had felt that AWWW said that what the RDF/A Primer is
>   doing should not be done
>
>   <RalphS> ... but after reading Pat Hayes' and Jeremy's remarks I see
>   there is a different interpretation of the TAG's writings
>
>   <RalphS> ... I don't think it would be advisable to force the
>   question right now
>
>   <RalphS> DavidW: is there a different question that is worth asking
>   the TAG?
>
>   Ralph: I had been skeptical about whether it's worth asking the TAG
>   to resolve anything, because I didn't feel it was likely they would
>   answer quickly, so i'm confortable not pushing them on this.
>
>   DWood: How about a purely SemWeb interpretation of the rang-14
>   issue?
>
>   Ralph: Not sure that's the best use of our time in the WG. But
>   publishing the docs that we are publishing (RDF/A Primer, Apache
>   Config Cookbook), both docs can touch on this question. i hope there
>   will be several venues in which this issue is discussed (including
>   this WG), but having an objective to resolve this in the next few
>   months may be reaching too far.
>
>   <Zakim> aliman, you wanted to say something about webarch
>
>   Alistair: When I first read the TAG's httpRange-14 decision, the way
>   I read it, I thought that the implied position was that an HTTP
>   response is effectively an assertion, and I think quite a few other
>   people read it that way as well. It could be useful to ask the
>   question of the TAG. They could then say no, that isn't what we
>   mean.
>
>   <Zakim> dbooth, you wanted to say I think we can sidestep the issue
>
>   <RalphS> DBooth: it's reasonable to send a question to the TAG
>
>   <RalphS> ... with regard to our documents we can side-step the issue
>
>   <RalphS> ... as it really comes down to the particular usage of an
>   ontology; whether that particular usage runs into the issue
>
>   Ralph: I'm okay with posing the question to the TAG. Don't know howw
>   much background we need to supply on it.
>
>   <RalphS> DBooth: my interpretation now is that an HTTP response is
>   an assertion but that assertion is different from what I originally
>   expected
>
>   <RalphS> ... and perhaps also different from what Alistair  expected
>
>   <RalphS> ... I don't want the TAG to think the WG is asking a
>   question because we are waiting for a response but rather note that
>   we ran into the question and found confusion in the area
>
>   <Guus> suggest that DavidB takes this action
>
>   <RalphS> Ralph: "we noted some ambiguity ..."
>
>   <RalphS> ACTION: DBooth to draft a new message to the TAG noting the
>   ambiguity remaining in httpRange-14 and HTTP responses [recorded in
>   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action01]
>
>2.2 OMG: ODM review
>
>   Elisa: No tools for QVT to validate. Delayed to April hoping for
>   tools. Can drop Jeremy's action.
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: [DROPPED] jeremy to review OWL chapter of ODM
>   [recorded in
>   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action02]
>
>2.3 Other
>
>   Elisa: I did review the WSDL 2.0 --> RDF mapping review verbally.
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: [DONE] Elisa to review WSDL 2.0 RDF Mapping
>   [recorded in
>   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action03]
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Guus to arrange telecon between himself,
>   Alistair and PFWG (rephrased as: "Guus to finish action of 2.4
>   within 1 week  in
>   [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action02 ")
>   [recorded in
>   [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/17-swbp-minutes.html#action07]
>
>     [29] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action02
>     [30] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/17-swbp-minutes.html#action07
>
>   <aliman> guus did you just say you sent a mail to pfwg to arrange a
>   telecon?
>
>   <Guus> wrt Action PFWG: it was rephrased as: "[NEW] ACTION: Guus to
>   finish action of 2.4 within 1 week [recorded in
>   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action02]"
>
>     [31] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action02
>
>3.1 PORT - Porting Thesaurii to RDF and OWL (Alistair)
>
>   Alistair: Nothing to report
>
>   Ralph: Still expecting to do another WD of SKOS?
>
>   Alistair: Undecided.
>
>3.2 OEP - Ontology Engineering and Patterns (Deb/Chris)
>
>   Elisa: Had a call last week. Chris and Allen working with Ralph.
>   Action is now mine to work with Ralph to put it into CVS.
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Elisa to work with Ralph to make part-whole doc
>   ready for publication (Elisa took over this action from Chris and
>   Alan) [recorded in
>   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action11]
>   [CONTINUED]
>
>     [32] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action11
>
>   <RalphS> [33]Elisa's report on action status for OEP actions
>
>     [33]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0027.html
>
>   <Guus> and i took the original action text for the agenda as it was
>   clearer
>
>   Elisa: Still outstanding: Deb needs to be sure all comments are
>   captured from Galway mtg.
>   ... (on integration note).
>
>   <RalphS> (hmm, actually, 0027 doesn't have the detail I'd thought)
>
>   <RalphS> [34][ALL/OEP] Minutes of 2006-01-30 Telecon Elisa
>   2006-02-06]
>
>     [34]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0042.html
>
**
Deborah McGuinness sent an update to the January 30 OEP telecon minutes 
elisa sent at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0046.html

>
>   Elisa: QCR note is being reconstructed after Chris's hard drive
>   crash. Should be fine.
>
>   <RalphS> (0042 has more action status detail)
>
>   Guus: Voted on both notes alreadY?
>
>   Elisa: Not sure. One minor change needed on QCR from Alan.
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Deb to contact Chris and get status [recorded in
>   [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action08] [DONE]
>
>     [35] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action08
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Deb to report the plan of OEP [recorded in
>   [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/09-swbp-minutes.html#action03] [DONE]
>
>     [36] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/09-swbp-minutes.html#action03
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Guus to incorporate Alistair's comments into
>   revised draft of QCR draft, based on Alan's revision [recorded in
>   [37]http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action19]
>   [PENDING]
>
>     [37] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action19
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Chris to move QCR todo's to the changes section
>   [recorded in
>   [38]http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action12]
>   [PENDING]
>
>     [38] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action12
>
>   Mike: Had a meeting where we made a detailed plan for the Note. I
>   updated a new draft, much more detailed. Missing code examples.
>   Chris Benzel will fill in code examples. Deb McGuiness will add an
>   example at the end of the note.
>
>   Raphael: Still the version of 3 Nov. Is there a new URI for the
>   latest version?
>
>   <aliman> what's the URI for the sem integration note?
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Mike to put up latest version of the sem
>   integration note [recorded in
>   [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action10]
>
>   Mike: You could review structure now or wait for complete draft.
>
>   <RalphS> [40]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/ points to
>   [41]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/SemInt/ (currently
>   dated 3 Nov 2005)
>
>     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/
>     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/SemInt/
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Raphael Georgios S, Fabien, Phil to review Semantic
>   Integration note
>   [42]http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action15]
>   [CONTINUED] [recorded in
>   [43]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action11]
>
>     [42] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action15
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Evan to send note to Feng on discussion of
>   semantics in time ontology note [recorded in
>   [44]http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action13]
>   [CONTINUED]
>
>     [44] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action13
>
>   Elisa: Evan pointed out an issue with the domain language.
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Guus to review OWL Time note [recorded in
>   [45]http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action09]
>   [CONTINUED]
>
>     [45] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action09
>
>   <RalphS> action#17 is to get part-whole ready for publication
>
>   Elisa: Regarding part/whole note, Chris is reconstructing it from
>   hard drive crash.
>   ... N-ary relations note is waiting on a new ordering pattern from
>   Pat Hayes. Currently ordering of flight segments is implicit. Pat
>   has the action to fix this; not sure of how to get it into the note.
>   ... Discussion of additional potential notes. Chris has asked for a
>   Fluents note.
>
>   <RalphS> "Chris is working on a Fluents note, " --
>   [46]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0042.
>   html
>
>     [46]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0042.html
>
>   Elisa: Been talking about units of measure, what will happen to OEP.
>   Suggestion was to ask OEP to be rechartered. Chris might participate
>   at a lower level. No conclusion but we thought it is a good idea for
>   it to move forward.
>
>   <RalphS> ACTION: Ralph add link to minutes of f2f on WG home page
>   [recorded in
>   [47]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action14]
>
>   Guus: We only approved the Part/Whole note at the Galway F2F.
>
>   <RalphS> ACTION: Ralph check for link to minutes of March 2005 f2f
>   on WG home page [recorded in
>   [48]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action15]
>
>3.3 WordNet (Aldo)
>
>   Guus: Mark has made a new version. Handles all comments so far. Want
>   reviewers.
>
>   <RalphS> [49]RDF/OWL Representation of WordNet $Id:
>   06-swbp-irc.txt,v 1.83 2006/02/06 19:36:11 swick Exp $
>
>     [49]
>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/WNET/wn-conversion.html
>
>   Guus: Main addition: Added intro for how to use it.
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Jacco to do second review of WordNet doc [recorded
>   in [50]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action16]
>
>   <RalphS> action- 16
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Guus to ask Brian to review Wordnet doc [recorded
>   in [51]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action17]
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Guus to bring issue wrt URI space for ontologies to
>   the SWCG [recorded in
>   [52]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0144.
>   html] [DONE]
>
>     [52]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0144.html
>
>3.4 XSCH - XML Schema Datatypes (Jeremy)
>
>   <dwood> The editors hence propose publishing:
>
>   <dwood>
>   [53]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw-20060127/
>
>     [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw-20060127/
>
>   <dwood> as a WG Note.
>
>   <Guus> URI for my WNET action:
>   [54]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0043.
>   html
>
>     [54]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0043.html
>
>   PROPOSED to move WD to WG Note:
>
>   [55]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0161.
>   html
>
>     [55]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0161.html
>
>   Ralph: Who reviewed?
>
>   Guus: Evan and Ralph reviewed.
>
>   Ralph: I'd have to re-read this before I can state an opinion.
>
>   <RalphS>
>   [56]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw-20060127/
>
>     [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw-20060127/
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph and Evan to provide reviews of Schema note
>   [57]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw-20060127/
>   by next meeting [recorded in
>   [58]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action19]
>
>     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw-20060127/
>
>   <TBaker>
>   [59]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0180.
>   html - see Section 3, "Response to reviews"
>
>     [59]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0180.html
>
>3.5 VM - Vocabulary Management (TomB)
>
>   <RalphS> [60][VM] Telecon Tuesday (today) 15:00 UTC
>
>     [60]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0180.html
>
>   Tom: Discussed suggestions made by reviewers. Want to propose the
>   draft for publication as WD.
>
>   <TBaker>
>   [61]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/VM/http-examples/2006-01
>   -18/
>
>     [61]
>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/VM/http-examples/2006-01-18/
>
>   Tom: I believe we addressed major points made by reviewers.
>
>   <dwood>
>   [62]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0180.
>   html
>
>     [62]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Jan/0180.html
>
>   DWood: Reviewers were Andreas and DBooth.
>
>   <aliman> no amendments are being proposed
>
>   Guus: I propose we put this on agenda for next time.
>
>   <RalphS> DBooth: are we proposing to remove some words regarding
>   httpRange-14 from the cookbook?
>
>   <RalphS> ... the intent of my action was to propose some words on
>   how to select which type of URI to use, which I think is still
>   relevant
>
>   <RalphS> ... I recall doing some work on these words but might not
>   have posted to the list
>
>   <RalphS> ... I think words can be written that avoid controversy
>
>   <Zakim> aliman, you wanted to mention scope
>
>   <RalphS> DBooth: I think it is relevant to say something about what
>   kind of URI to use
>
>   <RalphS> Alistair: the TF summarized the scope of the document
>   [reads Introduction]
>
>   <RalphS> ... the document scope is primarily for existing
>   vocabularies
>
>   <RalphS> ... though Ralph did include a few words about choosing
>   names
>
>   <RalphS> ... if David wants to propose some new text I'd be glad to
>   look
>
>   <RalphS> DavidW: DBooth is free to propose words, the TF decides
>   whether or not to include the proposed words before asking the WG to
>   publish
>
>   <RalphS> Alistair: in that case, I ask the WG to publish the draft
>   as-is and we consider any proposed new words in a future update
>
>   <RalphS> DBooth: I'm comfortable with that. It sounds as though the
>   TF carefully bounded its scope to avoid the question of picking URIs
>   but I feel this is such an obvious question that it should be
>   covered
>
>   <Zakim> RalphS, you wanted to ask DBooth if these additional words
>   should hold a first WD
>
>   <RalphS> Tom: can we take the resolution to advance the cookbook to
>   Working Draft on the next telecon, please
>
>   Tom: I'd like to advance this to WD on 20 Feb. Would like any
>   proposed text before 14 Feb.
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: DBooth to re-review Apache Cookbook document by 14
>   Feb [recorded in
>   [63]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action20]
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Tom to ask Andreas to re-review Cookbook document
>   by 14 Feb in light of changes already made. [recorded in
>   [64]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action21]
>
>3.6 HTML - Embedding RDF in HTML (Ben)
>
>   Ben: Lots of discussion regarding WebArch issues. On mailing list 2
>   wks ago I made a mistake and forgot to include a section that Mark
>   had written. Lots of positive feedback on them. Wanted to check
>   withh the WG that we're still okay to go to WD.
>
>   <Guus> we have voted, so it is basicaly editor's discretion
>
>   <Zakim> dbooth, you wanted to say I'm okay going okay with first WD
>
>   Guus: We already voted on it.
>   ... No problem in going forward with it.
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: [DONE] ben to contact alistair on use of frag id's
>   [recorded in
>   [65]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action22]
>
>   CONFIRMED: Document is ready to publish as a WD.
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph to publish RDF/A document [recorded in
>   [66]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action23]
>
>3.7 ADTF - Applications and Demos (Libby)
>
>   (skipped)
>
>3.8 RDFTM - RDF/Topic Maps Interoperability (Steve)
>
>   (skippeed)
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph check with Valentina on whether there are
>   editorial changes to rdftm-survey, then start WG Note publication
>   process if none [recorded in
>   [67]http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action30] [DONE]
>
>     [67] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action30
>
>3.9 Tutorial Page
>
>   (skipped)
>
>3.10 SE - Software Engineering
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: RalphS will make a publication request for the SE
>   Primer [recorded in
>   [68]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action24]
>   [PENDING]
>
>     [68] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action24
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph cite relevant CG meeting records [recorded in
>   [69]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action23]
>   [PENDING]
>
>     [69] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action23
>
>3.11 MM - Multimedia Annotation
>
>   Jacco: Want to move the MM doc to public WD. Reviewers: Mike and
>   Guus.
>
>   DWood: Has Jane Hunter contributed?
>
>   Jacco: She contributed a first draft of example. I asked her to
>   revise it and have not heard back.
>
>   <raphael> "Image annotation on the Semantic Web", latest version
>   available at
>   [70]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html
>   (v1.142)
>
>     [70]
>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html
>
>   <Zakim> RalphS, you wanted to ask about Jane Hunter's contribution
>
>   Jacco: Chris Catton also promised to send a use case soon-ish.
>
>   Ralph: Jane Hunter has not completed the invited expert materials.
>
>   Jacco: She told me she had.
>
>   Ralph: There's a form she needs to complete.
>
>   Jacco: I think her name can be removed from the list of
>   contributors.
>   ... I'll forward Ralph her email about this.
>
>   <dwood> Jacco, Please note that in Section 5.4, s/Apollo 7 Saturn
>   shuttle launch/Apollo 7 Saturn rocket launch/
>
>   <scribe> ACTION: Mike to re-review MM doc to see if his concerns are
>   addressed by end of this week [recorded in
>   [71]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action27]
>
>   PROPOSED: To move the MM doc to WD contingent on Mike's approval of
>   changes.
>
>   "Image annotation on the Semantic Web", latest version available at
>   [72]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html
>   (v1.142)
>
>     [72]
>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html
>
>   Mike: it isn't linked from the BP web page.
>
>   RESOLUTION: To move the MM doc to WD contingent on Mike's approval
>   of changes.
>
>   Ralph: Do we have permission to use all the NASA and other images?
>
>   <Zakim> RalphS, you wanted to ask a copyright question
>
>   Jacco: Yes.
>
>   <chalaschek> yes the nasa image is ok
>
>   <aliman> bye
>
>Summary of Action Items
>
>   [NEW] ACTION: DBooth to draft a new message to the TAG noting the
>   ambiguity remaining in httpRange-14 and HTTP responses [recorded in
>   [73]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action01]
>   [NEW] ACTION: DBooth to re-review Apache Cookbook document by 14 Feb
>   [recorded in
>   [74]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action20]
>   [NEW] ACTION: Guus to ask Brian to review Wordnet doc [recorded in
>   [75]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action17]
>   [NEW] ACTION: Jacco to do second review of WordNet doc [recorded in
>   [76]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action16]
>   [NEW] ACTION: Mike to put up latest version of the sem integration
>   note [recorded in
>   [77]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action10]
>   [NEW] ACTION: Mike to re-review MM doc to see if his concerns are
>   addressed by end of this week [recorded in
>   [78]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action27]
>   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph add link to minutes of f2f on WG home page
>   [recorded in
>   [79]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action14]
>   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph and Evan to provide reviews of Schema note
>   [80]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw-20060127/
>   by next meeting [recorded in
>   [81]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action19]
>   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph check for link to minutes of March 2005 f2f on
>   WG home page [recorded in
>   [82]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action15]
>   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph to publish RDF/A document [recorded in
>   [83]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action23]
>   [NEW] ACTION: Tom to ask Andreas to re-review Cookbook document by
>   14 Feb in light of changes already made. [recorded in
>   [84]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action21]
>
>     [80] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw-20060127/
>
>   [PENDING] ACTION: Chris to move QCR todo's to the changes section
>   [recorded in
>   [85]http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action12]
>   [PENDING] ACTION: Elisa to work with Ralph to make part-whole doc
>   ready for publication (Elisa took over this action from Chris and
>   Alan) [recorded in
>   [86]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action11]
>   [PENDING] ACTION: Evan to send note to Feng on discussion of
>   semantics in time ontology note [recorded in
>   [87]http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action13]
>   [PENDING] ACTION: Guus to arrange telecon between himself, Alistair
>   and PFWG (rephrased as: "Guus to finish action of 2.4 within 1 week
>   in [88]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action02 ")
>   [recorded in
>   [89]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/17-swbp-minutes.html#action07]
>   [PENDING] ACTION: Guus to incorporate Alistair's comments into
>   revised draft of QCR draft, based on Alan's revision [recorded in
>   [90]http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action19]
>   [PENDING] ACTION: Guus to review OWL Time note [recorded in
>   [91]http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action09]
>   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph cite relevant CG meeting records [recorded
>   in [92]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action23]
>   [PENDING] ACTION: RalphS will make a publication request for the SE
>   Primer [recorded in
>   [93]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action24]
>   [PENDING] ACTION: Raphael Georgios S, Fabien, Phil to review
>   Semantic Integration note
>   [94]http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action15]
>   [recorded in
>   [95]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action11]
>
>     [85] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action12
>     [86] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action11
>     [87] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action13
>     [88] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action02
>     [89] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/17-swbp-minutes.html#action07
>     [90] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action19
>     [91] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action09
>     [92] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action23
>     [93] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action24
>     [94] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action15
>
>   [DONE] ACTION: ben to contact alistair on use of frag id's [recorded
>   in [96]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action22]
>   [DONE] ACTION: Deb to contact Chris and get status [recorded in
>   [97]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action08]
>   [DONE] ACTION: Deb to report the plan of OEP [recorded in
>   [98]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/09-swbp-minutes.html#action03]
>   [DONE] ACTION: Elisa to review WSDL 2.0 RDF Mapping [recorded in
>   [99]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action03]
>   [DONE] ACTION: Guus to bring issue wrt URI space for ontologies to
>   the SWCG [recorded in
>   [100]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0144
>   .html]
>   [DONE] ACTION: Ralph check with Valentina on whether there are
>   editorial changes to rdftm-survey, then start WG Note publication
>   process if none [recorded in
>   [101]http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action30]
>
>     [97] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action08
>     [98] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/09-swbp-minutes.html#action03
>    [100]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0144.html
>    [101] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action30
>
>   [DROPPED] ACTION: jeremy to review OWL chapter of ODM [recorded in
>   [102]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/06-swbp-minutes.html#action02]
>
>   [End of minutes]
>     _________________________________________________________
>
>
>    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [103]scribe.perl version 1.122
>    ([104]CVS log)
>    $Date: 2006/02/07 03:34:53 $
>
>    [103]
>http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>    [104] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
>
>
>  
>

-- 
 Deborah L. McGuinness 
 Co-Director Knowledge Systems Laboratory 
 Gates Computer Science Building, 2A Room 241 
 Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305-9020 
 email: dlm@ksl.stanford.edu
 URL: http://ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm
 (voice) 650 723 9770    (stanford fax) 650 725 5850   
Received on Tuesday, 7 February 2006 16:14:29 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:20 GMT