W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > February 2006

Re: [ALL/OEP] Minutes of 2006-01-30 Telecon

From: Deborah L. McGuinness <dlm@ksl.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 09:58:06 -0800
Message-ID: <43E78E2E.1060500@ksl.stanford.edu>
To: "Elisa F. Kendall" <ekendall@sandsoft.com>
CC: swbp <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

i will not be in the swbp call today.
a couple of other quick notes now on elisa's notes on our telecon last week.

Elisa F. Kendall wrote:

> Present:  Mike Uschold, Chris Welty, Evan Wallace, Elisa Kendall, 
> Deborah McGuinness
>
> 1. Discussion of Semantic Integration Note (Mike)
>   -- updates per Galway F2F captured, requires internal review 

>
>   -- 5 core mapping constructs identified, including 
> equivalentProperty, equivalentClass, sameAs,
>      differentFrom, subClassOf/subPropertyOf
>   -- discussion regarding whether or not this thread should be 
> dropped, instead saying that anything
>       with a formal basis can be useful for mapping   ** [Action Deb] 
> to review -- feedback (preliminary) by 2/6, focus on mapping 

i owe some technical review.  I did provide some comments that 
identified that some of the updates from the galway meetings between 
mike u and me and chris welty may have been dropped in the last 
version.  For example, the contributor section of the document was 
dropped and there was a discussion concerning whether the updates from 
the comments i sent to mike u at the end of the f2f meeting were included.

>
>
> 2. Discussion of revised draft QCR note (Chris)
>   -- Latest version is with Alan, since Chris' version was clobbered 
> when his hard drive died in Galway
>   ** [Action Elisa] to get the latest document from Alan, move to CVS 
> via Ralph,
>
> 3. Discussion of Part note (Chris)
>   -- Chris to get CVS installed on his new system and revise; continued
>   -- Both QCR and Part note are close, will need time to get it thru 
> w3c scripts, etc
>
> 4. Discussion of n-ary relations note (Chris)
>   -- waiting on new pattern from Pat  -- implicitly have flight 
> segments in linear order, change to add
>       nextFlightSegment to make this explicit
>   -- not clear how to move this forward -- Pat has the action on the 
> revision to the use case ...
>   -- Natasha & Alan may not have time to rewrite the use case
>   -- continued
>
> 5. Discussion of Time note (Chris)
>   -- Review has been completed, and revision includes feedback (we think)
>   -- Could go straight to note status, Jerry should state whether or 
> not it addresses all feedback
>   -- Evan pointed out issue with domain language, example re: date of 
> travel
>   ** [Action Evan] to email Feng on this and other outstanding action
>   ** [Action Deb] to email Jerry on status, whether this should go 
> directly to note once Evan's issue
>        is addressed
>
> 6. Discussion of additional potential notes (Chris)
>   -- Chris is working on a Fluents note, there are other good topics 
> out there --
>      people want to know how to do things, conclusion was to say "here 
> is an approach that has been used
>      successfully" rather than definitive "here is the best way"; 
> audience does want recommendation
>
> 7. Speculation on what will happen to OEP in the future.  Suggestion 
> was that the rechartered BP working
> group will include SKOS, VM, OEP.  Discussion of some of the 
> additional work members are considering
> (fluents, units of measure, etc.), Chris would participate at a lower 
> level of activity, Guus also, but not as chair. 


on my action to report, I brought up topics 6-7 above to identify what 
was reasonable.
We believe we can get out the current qcr, nary, part-whole, and time 
notes. 
There is continued interest in getting out more notes past the end of 
the current group assuming extended charter.

-- 
 Deborah L. McGuinness 
 Co-Director Knowledge Systems Laboratory 
 Gates Computer Science Building, 2A Room 241 
 Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305-9020 
 email: dlm@ksl.stanford.edu
 URL: http://ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm
 (voice) 650 723 9770    (stanford fax) 650 725 5850   
Received on Monday, 6 February 2006 17:58:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:31:17 UTC