Re: Nomination for Co-Editor: Dave Hyatt

From: James Graham <jg307@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:13:27 +0100
To: David Dailey <david.dailey@sru.edu>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>, Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>, W3C HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

David Dailey wrote:

> If such major philosophical differences exist, then it seems important
> that a voice for those alternative perspectives is represented.

Of course one does not have to be an editor have one's voice heard; for example
I know there are several things in the WHATWG spec that Ian disagrees with.

Insofar as we have any ability to choose an editor when only two candidates are
have been nominated and the chairs have imposed a requirment of at least two
editors, I suggest it makes sense to base the decision on competence rather than
some sort of political correctness.