Re: HTML5 proposal response

On 4/20/07, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> If I am to be editor, I
> will take input from many sources -- I won't only take input from this
> working group, ignoring blogs, forums, bug databases, etc -- as I have
> previously indicated. I don't see how this would not mean that we don't
> "own" the specification. I wouldn't want to be an editor if the operating
> model is that the editor merely waits for formal decisions before making
> any changes -- such a development model would change our timeline from
> 15-years-to-REC to something more on the order of 50-years-to-REC, and
> would be far to stressful an environment for me.

What about indicating to the WG the existence of theses sources and
let him react ? We don't own the spec, but "This group will maintain
and produce incremental revisions to the HTML specification"
(http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html#scope), not "This
group will help the editor maintain...".

So as an editor, you have to take your material from the group. As a
group member, you have to indicate any intersting ressource.