Re: Nomination for Co-Editor: Dave Hyatt

On 4/23/07, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
> Wouldn't someone who had no involvement in WHATWG be likely to have
> major philosophical differences with Ian and Dave

Actually Maciej, you raise a good point about philosophical
differences that I hadn't considered before, though as David Dailey
says, I'm not sure about "likely" or "major".  Can anyone offer their
opinion on what these philosophical differences are?

Are they technical (backward compatibility) or political?

Do the differing philosophies affect the guiding principles of this WG?

If the differing philosphies "matter", then I think we should consider
that they be represented properly.

Thanks,
Jeff