Re: Nomination for Co-Editor: Dave Hyatt

From: David Dailey <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:55:52 -0400
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Cc: Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>, W3C HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

At 02:01 AM 4/23/2007, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

>Wouldn't someone who had no involvement in WHATWG be likely to have
>major philosophical differences with Ian and Dave, and therefore
>probably not work very well with them?

It seems like it may depend on what is meant by "likely." I can
imagine that many people were not involved in WHATWG because they
were a) busy with other matters or b) unaware that it existed.

We might also hope that major philosophical differences should not
prevent objective editors from working and playing well together.

If such major philosophical differences exist, then it seems
important that a voice for those alternative perspectives is represented.

cheers,
David