Re: The HTMLWG and WHATWG (Was: Default (informal) Style Sheet)

The issue I've seen it that one group comes to
consensus, passes it over to the other group, the
other group starts discussion again, comes to a
new consensus that may be different, passes it
back to the first group, the first group that
already reached consensus re-starts discussion,
comes to a different consensus, passes it over...

Alternatively, one group comes to consensus,
passes it over to the other group saying "no
changes possible, just sign off please" to avoid
endless loops as described before.

Clearly, both approaches aren't optimal. This is
an organizational problem that is completely
independent from whether or not the liaison person
between the groups or joint editor is doing a
great job or not, nor am I suggesting that
isolation is therefore a great idea.

- Sebastian