Re: Naming Wiki Pages

From: Mike Schinkel <w3c-lists@mikeschinkel.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 03:25:49 -0400
To: public-html@w3.org

Marcos Caceres wrote:

> Hi,
> Can people please name things properly on the Wiki... naming pages
> "DeclWebFormExpr04"  is unhelpful. And please stop assigning numbers
> to issues as it makes no sense to do so.
> Kind regards,
To the contrary; it is very helpful. I am the one doing the assignment
of numbers. I followed the lead of the TAG from their issue list.[1].

The benefit of assigning a sequential number is to make is very easy to
do searches and get (almost) 100% relevant matches.  For example, try
the following to searches:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=AbbrAcronym
    http://www.google.com/search?q=AbbrAcronym01

I rest my case.  Of course if the chair(s) of this WG prefer me to do
otherwise I will certainly acquiesce.

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/